🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Gold wedding ring returned

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven’t hunted much lately. The heat and humidity here in SC is absolutely unbearable. Well that changed today when I got a call from my neighbor down the road.. he had lost his wedding ring. Normally I get a call from neighbors to look for property markers, lost tracker parts and tools. So even though I don’t particularly enjoy hunting in this heat, I was happy to try and find it for him. It’s an old farm and one of my best permissions. Moreover, he and his wife are great people.

He wasn’t sure where on his farm or for that matter exactly when he had lost it. He just knew that he noticed it wasn’t on his finger yesterday some time shortly after he had pressure washed his house after working on his truck out at the barn.

His house is quite large and surrounded by large hydrangeas and butterfly bushes. So I did the best I could with the smaller HF coil. Then headed over to the barn. I gridded out that area and worked it twice but all I found was some .22 casings and a few tore up pennies. Determined to hunt for his ring for at least until I couldn’t handle the heat, I worked my way back to the house and back through shrubs once again. There wasn’t too much room for much swinging of course. Targets were all non ferrous junk.. easily heard using my program and double checking with the graph.

So I decided to set down the detector and use the XP pinpointer with the sensitivity cranked up. I started at the tops of the hydrangeas and shoved my hand in deep in one IMG_7101.jpg when I heard a couple beeps. I kept pushing downwards until my face was almost in the shrub ...the beeps were increasing. So I got down on my hands and knees and lifted the shrub up so I could get to the center of it. This is where it gets kind of funny. You have to understand...I’m a girl...I don’t do bugs! Moreover,it’s so hot the snakes want out of the heat, too. So hello no I didn’t want to stick my head under there AT ALL. But my pin pointer was going nuts ,so I went for it anyway completely against my arachno-herpeto phobia self.

There it was... at the base of the shrub inside the stocks. I grabbed it quick and got outta there believing that every creepy crawler had crawled into my hair. Had to have been there..lol. I laugh at myself often after the fact.

My neighbor normally thinks I have a fruitless hobby... not today. Here it is.. He’s happy and I’m a filthy sweaty mess. Nonetheless, I’m happy to have found it.

Time for a celebratory shower and a cold beverage.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention that had to be alot of luck to find that with your PPter looks like you got some good karma coming your way your a hood person and that's a great thing you did.. Tommy

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention that had to be alot of luck to find that with your PPter looks like you got some good karma coming your way your a hood person and that's a great thing you did.. Tommy

Thanks Tommy I’m not opposed to hard work; I am opposed to this heat. It totally has caused major cabin fever. I dreaded the hunt but ultimately it got me out of the house and helped my neighbor. So I’m good for a little while anyway. Can’t wait til winter.. lol.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya I like detecting in the winter as long as the ground isnt to froze then I hit the woods seems not to freeze as much plus no sqeeters and ticks and less people

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya I like detecting in the winter as long as the ground isnt to froze then I hit the woods seems not to freeze as much plus no sweetest and ticks and less people

Ground rarely freezes here. In the summertime it can get as hard as a rock when it hasn’t rained in a while. Only place is plowed farm fields or beach hunting then.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Good job! Honorable mention!! Anyone that finds a lost ring with a pinpointer has some excellent detecting skills, grats!!!

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! Honorable mention!! Anyone that finds a lost ring with a pinpointer has some excellent detecting skills, grats!!!

I appreciate the compliment however I really feel it was a bit of luck and a whole lot more of stubborn determination.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Stubborn determination and luck are traits of a fine detectorist!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There it is hes got that right!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y’all are sweet..Thanks again.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention for sure! IN the bush...priceless.

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m actually more exited about being able to post on Tapatalk without messing it up too much. Lol.

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey... lol. I was, as they say here, “ ska-irt”. Ticks, hornets, brown lacroos, fire aunts, wolf spiders , SNAKES... I had visions of all of the above in there. Lol. I

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were there, but hiding from the Deus. They think it can find them.:laughing7:

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
( shivering at the very thought)

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I found his wife’s gold earring that had missing for 5 years. Fortunately, it was about 3 inches deep right outside the back door. I’m gonna see if I still have the pic.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on being able to help out!
That's how I got into metal detecting. I was outside in the winter playing with the dog, threw a toy and my wedding ring flew off. Looked everywhere and no luck. Went to the hobby store and rented a Whites metal detector and found the ring in a shrub. Been hooked ever since.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome job, way to go and congrats

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the pic but don’t know what’s going on ....tapa app not uploading pics.

@ A2 ... you use this app.. any clue what the prob may be?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread