Goldmaster V/Sat

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The V-Sat is a really capable gold detector I've got a GM-2 and a GM-3....the 2 before the V-sat, and the 3 after. The 3 is still my favorite gold detector, and I've got a GM24K, too, and have owned a GMT. The earlier Gm's required manual ground balance, so a little more difficult to learn and use, but very sensitive.
Jim

OP
OP
ADHD_Outdoors

ADHD_Outdoors

Mar 31, 2022
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The V-Sat is a really capable gold detector I've got a GM-2 and a GM-3....the 2 before the V-sat, and the 3 after. The 3 is still my favorite gold detector, and I've got a GM24K, too, and have owned a GMT. The earlier Gm's required manual ground balance, so a little more difficult to learn and use, but very sensitive.
Jim
Thanks for the feedback (I really need to study the manual).
--Was the V/Sat designed more to find gold nuggets over gold jewelry or ??? I can't find a lot of info on it.--

Just read the manual intro, answered my own question... :icon_salut:

UNC_

Mar 21, 2009
central mo
Detector(s) used
whites prizm V, ace 250
Thanks for the feedback (I really need to study the manual).
--Was the V/Sat designed more to find gold nuggets over gold jewelry or ??? I can't find a lot of info on it.--

Just read the manual intro, answered my own question... :icon_salut:
I recently picked one up at a yard sale dont know anything about it either but im willimg to learn, my problem is i need a battery holder as mine is cracked and machine doesnt work anyone know where i can find parts?

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may be able to find parts (electronic components) at Centreville Electronics, the Whites repair center. Battery holder for it should be available at Amazon, or other places. It's just an 8-cell penlight AA battery holder.
Jim

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The V-Sat was one of the best detectors ever built. Buy this book for yourself, mine paid for itself many times over... I wish that I had never sold it...

You got it, Reed! I'm never selling my GM3.
Jim

UNC_

Mar 21, 2009
central mo
Detector(s) used
whites prizm V, ace 250
You may be able to find parts (electronic components) at Centreville Electronics, the Whites repair center. Battery holder for it should be available at Amazon, or other places. It's just an 8-cell penlight AA battery holder.
Jim
Tyvm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread