Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt pro,surf pi pro,trx pinpointer
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went and hit laguna beach today after a failed attempt yesterday. Tsunami was a bust. All the beaches were closed tell about 4. So my buddy and I hit the beach again today. Not a lot of targets. Seemed like someone had hit it befor us. My buddy spotted a crusty cell phone on the surface. Dead giveaway. I scored a cupple rings. The Cartier had me going. Until I pulled out of my pocket later to check it out and do the drop it in my hand test. Failed. Close to the end of my day I got the Rolex. Not sure if it’s real. I’ll half to get it looked at. Fingers crossed. Glhh

Attachments

• F323A87C-552C-4F78-A1B4-1C873271D7D1.jpeg
    F323A87C-552C-4F78-A1B4-1C873271D7D1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • 95199B55-150C-4821-901C-23E99992E82E.jpeg
    95199B55-150C-4821-901C-23E99992E82E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
  • 66A93433-BFF5-4EDA-AFED-127B030EF945.jpeg
    66A93433-BFF5-4EDA-AFED-127B030EF945.jpeg
    621.3 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 9

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...looks just like the one my pop has !! Congrats !! Awsome day !!

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found that same fake Cartier ring last year. Heartbreaker! Hope the watch turns out to be the real deal

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Photo #3 has vindication on it not being the real deal. Just thinking the symbol on th
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 7.37.03 AM.png
e bottom loop is off looking.
Best of luck, hoping it's the real deal

OP
OP
C

Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went and hit laguna beach today after a failed attempt yesterday. Tsunami was a bust. All the beaches were closed tell about 4. So my buddy and I hit the beach again today. Not a lot of targets. Seemed like someone had hit it befor us. My buddy spotted a crusty cell phone on the surface. Dead giveaway. I scored a cupple rings. The Cartier had me going. Until I pulled out of my pocket later to check it out and do the drop it in my hand test. Failed. Close to the end of my day I got the Rolex. Not sure if it’s real. I’ll half to get it looked at. Fingers crossed. Glhh
Is the Rolex still running?

OP
OP
C

Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What step should I take next. I’m nervous about taking it to a Rolex place. I don’t want them to keep it. Maybe the previous owner reported it lost. Do they track them with the serial number?

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What step should I take next. I’m nervous about taking it to a Rolex place. I don’t want them to keep it. Maybe the previous owner reported it lost. Do they track them with the serial number?
The only way that would happen is if you bring it to an authorized dealer or send it into Rolex itself. They can lookup the serial number. I’d see if you have a watch guy locally that works on Rolexes.

thormchammer

Dec 14, 2021
Timbered regions of the PNW.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t part of this about returning lost items? And there are usually city codes about lost objects above a specified value requiring an attempt to return it (the last time I did this it was like a 30 day hold or something). I would hope my first stop with a genuine Rolex, would be an authorized dealer to return the property. If you found an iPhone would you try to call the owner or would you wipe it and make it yours? This isn’t meant to insult or guilt anyone. It’s an honest question about this stuff. I even think this about some of the found rings. I know I would at least call the harbor patrol and City Lost and Found dept. if my wife lost her wedding ring. It’s not worth tons of money, but it’s incredibly unique set with Benitoite stones. We aren’t rich so finders fees would be out for us, but the kindness of having that returned? Godly.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it to any jewelry store they will tell you in a minute real/or fake. Real Rolex will have serial #s , and at least one of the serial #s will be inside.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a boat(Kayak) floating in our lake years ago.Called the local PD.They said put it in the local paper lost & found section for 2 weeks .And if no one claims it ,its yours. I did,no one claimed it,I kept it.

thormchammer

Dec 14, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a boat(Kayak) floating in our lake years ago.Called the local PD.They said put it in the local paper lost & found section for 2 weeks .And if no one claims it ,its yours. I did,no one claimed it,I kept it.
I found and cleared a couple of meth camps back when I was a consultant. I found a bag of weed, gokart, hydraulic lift, 3 vehicles, antique sewing machines, chainsaws, weed eaters, a generator, the list goes on and on and on, rocks, geodes, Indian artifacts etc, you know, meth heads living in the woods. Talked to the sheriff and it was something similar but the vehicles had to stay impounded for X amount of days.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t part of this about returning lost items? And there are usually city codes about lost objects above a specified value requiring an attempt to return it (the last time I did this it was like a 30 day hold or something). I would hope my first stop with a genuine Rolex, would be an authorized dealer to return the property. If you found an iPhone would you try to call the owner or would you wipe it and make it yours? This isn’t meant to insult or guilt anyone. It’s an honest question about this stuff. I even think this about some of the found rings. I know I would at least call the harbor patrol and City Lost and Found dept. if my wife lost her wedding ring. It’s not worth tons of money, but it’s incredibly unique set with Benitoite stones. We aren’t rich so finders fees would be out for us, but the kindness of having that returned? Godly.
Why would you bring it to an authorized Rolex dealer to return it? Do they have a lost & found there? Thanks for the LOL.

If he wants he can bring it to the local police station and see what they say.

Again it’s up to him to do what he wants.

Thanks for the chuckle though.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found and cleared a couple of meth camps back when I was a consultant. I found a bag of weed, gokart, hydraulic lift, 3 vehicles, antique sewing machines, chainsaws, weed eaters, a generator, the list goes on and on and on, rocks, geodes, Indian artifacts etc, you know, meth heads living in the woods. Talked to the sheriff and it was something similar but the vehicles had to stay impounded for X amount of days.
Any meth left? Maybe you can bring it to the local meth dealer to see if he can reunite it with its rightful owner.

thormchammer

Dec 14, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any meth left? Maybe you can bring it to the local meth dealer to see if he can reunite it with its rightful owner.
Hahahaha, I didn’t look that hard. Left the weed too. Not my thing. In my experience, meth heads don’t leave meth around, and it wasn’t a cook site. Which actually makes it safer for me.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find! I've found two Rolexes myself....one real, one fake. Yours at first glance looks fake, but, have it checked. I posted my real one on Craig's list lost and found for almost 6 months without success. Right after I first got it, a friend of mine was a watch guy and he had a fellow watch buddy that worked for the local Rolex dealer. I let them take a look at it, take the back off, and run the serial number. It was real and there was no record of it being lost or stolen, so, I kept it. I was hoping they could tell me who it was registered to, but, they wouldn't do that for security reasons. They also wouldn't contact that person for me, so, I gave up trying to find who may have lost it. Hope yours is real! Mine paid for a detecting trip to England. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
C

Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the reply’s. Had it looked at and confirmed it’s real. Now I’ll try looking at lost and found and calling around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread