Good luck charms, Secret weapons, Rituals, etc.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit it, I do have that one secret weapon that has never let me down, though I seldom use it because it is such a pain in the butt. This thing is like a gold eating machine, take it to the beach and it goes after gold with the same reckless abandon as a completely untrained, but extremely driven, bloodhound. Pretty much the same as setting the Tasmanian Devil loose or rubbing a Genie a lamp the wrong way - and yes, you can rub a Genie lamp the wrong way, just some additional food for thought the next time you happen upon a half-buried Genie bottle in the sand. Rub that bottle the wrong way and instead of getting a pleasant Genie and three wishes you'll end up getting a Genie with a real attitude problem with only one wish to spare. My great grand father learned this first hand while on a beach safari in Guam, which is how came into possession of the secret weapon I now keep under strong lock and key. Why lock and key? Two reasons. First, the knowledge it contains dates back to the ancients, something the industry hasn't even begun to unravel, so it's knowledge they would love to possess at all cost. Second, I have yet to master my control over it and I don't want to lose track of it before it is completely understood and mastered. Like I've already said, it's not something one can take for granted, not something you can take to a crowded beach without certain risk, especially when it is on a leash and hanging around your neck. In fact, there is so much risk involved I only dare to use it when desperation leaves me no other choice. But it is truly unparallelled, absolutely tenacious in it's pursuit of gold, an item I keep secured under lock and key like a wild caged animal. I call it, "Pink Bart".....and my current desperation for finding gold has me very near the releasing of it again. Beware, if you see me on the beach with this thing dangling from neck....for your own safety......"Step Back!" Luckily, most people already have the good sense and instincts to do just that.

troll2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here i thought by the title that you were a Mason or part of some secret world domination society8-)

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sanded in beaches can do terrible things to a person :sadsmiley: you need a gold fix soon my friend!:laughing7:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And all i have is my lucky underwear.

dew

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to be a real pro to find. I usually put on my lucky hat on, my lucky swim trunks and get my lucky butt in the water, and that's how you sometimes find something nice.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to be a real pro to find. I usually put on my lucky hat on, my lucky swim trunks and get my lucky butt in the water, and that's how you sometimes find something nice.

"Put on the lucky hat, put on the lucky trunks...." Good thing that lucky butt is already attached. :laughing7: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here i thought by the title that you were a Mason or part of some secret world domination society8-)

Those lucky underwear Dewcon spoke of.....just so you'll know, several members here wear the same kind. (Finger to lips)....."SHhhhh." :laughing7:

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL
that's what i'm doing wrong

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey, that Troll pirate is a cutie!

I think you should name him "Pink Floyd"

Thanks for helping me start my day with a laugh:laughing7:

HH

Lorraine

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Pink Floyd"....that's brilliant! :laughing7::thumbsup:.....love it! And there you go.....the Troll pirate just got a name change! Now I'm even thinking of shooting some video of him at work on the beach to the sounds of some Pink Floyd music! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread