Good Morning With Anfibio

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the Anfibio Multi to a nail infested hillside. In the 1930's a hotel sat at the top of this hill and it burned down. They pushed the ashes and rubble over the hill. This place can easily have four or five rusty nails in the same plug. When I hunt here, I can usually only hunt for an hour or so before I "burn out". This morning I had the Multi in 4 tone, 75 sens, disc at 5, and 14khz.

I decided to dig only repeatable high tones with numbers that did not bounce more than three or four numbers. Many times I get fooled by high tones with 90's to 70's numbers only to dig a 7-8 inch deep folded pull tab. Today I was determined to not do this and for the most part, I did not. First target was a repeatable low 90's signal that did not vary. I dug to about 8 inches and found a nickel sized coin on my drop cloth. A Buffalo nickel and it left me scratching my head. It should not have been anywhere near 90's. I rechecked the hole and got another low 90's signal. It was a old wheat penny in the same hole. I rechecked the hole before I covered it up and got a scratchy low 90,s. I was hoping for silver, but another old wheat. I have mineralized soil and deep coin seem to "up average" on their numbers(Hunter GT constantly mentions this)

I found one more 8-9 inch deep wheatie and one more early Jefferson nickel in my short morning hunt. Ground minerals surely make the Multi not as consistant with the numbers, but the tones seem to be tight enough to determine a coin or not. As with any machine, spending loads of time in the field, digging all types of targets will make anyone a better detectorist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread