Good Stuff

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
The realtor's here are worse than used car sales men,the ones that say OK,BUT I have to be there when you go,and I don't have a lot of free time. In other words,"what you find is mine"
On the good side,I have found a old run down house in town,been there for years.The yard is so over grown it's hard to see the house.House has about fell in.I'm trying to find out who owns it. ???

Shamus

Sep 27, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Jeffro said:
Playgrounds, campgrounds, rest stops, sidewalk strips, rodeo arenas, rural mail box areas, old tavern sites, revival meeting sites, chautauquas, military bases, sledding areas, corner lots, towpaths, flea market sites, train depots, amusement parks, family reunion areas, groves, old fort sites, band shells, town squares, construction sites, old farms, fishing holes, mining camps, general stores, trailer parks, hiking paths, orchards, outhouses, battlesites, backyards, racetracks, fence rows, boat ramps, resorts, ski areas, drive ins, motels, roadside stands, college campuses, under boardwalks, market areas, telephone booths, bus stops.........and pretty much whatever else you can dream up. Railroad camps are good too. Look for a span, there's generally a camp near where they built a bridge.

What on earth are chautauquas? (showing my Yankee ignorance)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
papa said:
The realtor's here are worse than used car sales men,the ones that say OK,BUT I have to be there when you go,and I don't have a lot of free time. In other words,"what you find is mine"
On the good side,I have found a old run down house in town,been there for years.The yard is so over grown it's hard to see the house.House has about fell in.I'm trying to find out who owns it. ???
county court house has records on who pays the tax on the property(IE the owner)
sound like its a derelict property in lien or process of being sold so prolly county owns it
you pay tax's in the county ,so i guess that would make it umm yours ;D
just some ideas follow threw on it !!!
find out the disposition of it and go for it ;)
pay some local kid to cut the lawn and your in like flynn 8)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chautauquas= religious pow wows bible thumping etc

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Baron, I kid you not,the grass is over the top of my head. I've found out,the local law has been called there to run off transits,kids,and who knows who else. What gets me is,it's in the city limits,any other time,the city would mow and charge the owner for the labor. Maybe the owner has pulled a tennis shoe,just up and left ?
Still checking on it.

Z

ZipDogg

That sounds like a plan. At the old house you'll cut the grass (pay a kid)
for MD'n (keepers) rights.
That is, if the place really looks worth it.

It is alot easier to MD with the grass cut, that's fer sure. ;D

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Depending on the weather,I'll try to get closer and see what there.Maybe bribe a cop with coffee and get the skinny on the place. I would wait till after the first frost falls,don't want any "two fanged critters" mad at me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread