StarVision

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2014
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shaking my head after some lengthy research once again, sometimes I overwhelm myself weighing pros and cons. (I have Asperger's) lol.

After a good 30 minutes of digging around the store I was ready to check out a couple things, then decided to take one more look in the "collectible/figurine" section. Peering down into the lowest shelf I notice a somewhat large old looking cherub sculpture. Grabbed it and checked it out for $5.99.

Research: I knew it wasn't consistent with soap stone, nor was it marble. Which led to something called alabaster. Translucent, soft, slight yellowing patina in some areas, seems legit. The damage isn't too bad, could be worse. One broken toe and one broken finger. My optimism is telling me 19C Alabaster Marble Cherub Sculpture (Art Nouveau) Either way it was a very fulfilling find for me since I love statues/scultpures and appreciate art very much. I'm going to attach some images, let me know what you think. Any extra knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated as well. (Stands about 11 1/4") Unsigned.

IMAG2158.jpg
IMAG2139.jpg
IMAG2073.jpg
IMAG2069.jpg
IMAG2107.jpg
IMAG2109.jpg
IMAG2122.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2070.jpg
    IMAG2070.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't like statues or cherubs, but I really like this. I think it's really beautiful. Keep or sell?

OP
OP
S

StarVision

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2014
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like statues or cherubs, but I really like this. I think it's really beautiful. Keep or sell?

I want to apologize for not keeping up with this post. Man I miss this piece! It was a huge bust thought as it was a mixed, some powder they use to mix with the marble. I forgot what it is called at the moment. Vintage yes, real marble no. I was quite sad. It sold on ebay for about 50.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions