Jan 24, 2022
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been working a site I've hit hard the last 6 months a bit differently. Taking small areas and gridding it out and being thorough. Walking back to my truck to go get some lunch and I get an odd scratchy high tone, pretty consistent but jumpy and kinda weak. After half a dozen square nails I finally pick out a rectangular piece of brass and when I knock the dirt off I'm both elated and saddened because it was infact one half of an officers sword plate! I just know the other half is out there waiting on me. Got some other really nice finds as well including what I think may be the trigger guard for a flintlock pistol. If anyone has any insight on that I'd be grateful. Happy hunting all!

Attachments

• 20220416_211615.jpg
    20220416_211615.jpg
    972.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220416_153540.jpg
    20220416_153540.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • 20220416_211426.jpg
    20220416_211426.jpg
    976.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220416_211432.jpg
    20220416_211432.jpg
    808.5 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 13

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been working a site I've hit hard the last 6 months a bit differently. Taking small areas and gridding it out and being thorough. Walking back to my truck to go get some lunch and I get an odd scratchy high tone, pretty consistent but jumpy and kinda weak. After half a dozen square nails I finally pick out a rectangular piece of brass and when I knock the dirt off I'm both elated and saddened because it was infact one half of an officers sword plate! I just know the other half is out there waiting on me. Got some other really nice finds as well including what I think may be the trigger guard for a flintlock pistol. If anyone has any insight on that I'd be grateful. Happy hunting all!
Man those are some awesome finds. I wonder why that plate was cut in half. Anyway thanks for posting and congratulations!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other half is probably still there. A few years ago one of my digging buddies started going in circles on the side of this one little hill (plowed field). About 20 minutes later he comes running over with both halves of a US cartridge box plate, so it does happen.

OP
OP
Atticis

Atticis

Jan 24, 2022
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh I'm very sure it's still there. Just a matter of finding it. Just hoping it's not under the tree I found this half next to haha

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Great determination!!! Hope You find the other half of the Sword Belt Plate!!! Congrats!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds!! It's going to be a great day for you when you nab the other half!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions