Got a little silver today!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey again gang! Went on another marathon out of town hunt today . I have driven 250 miles this weekend trying to find some new unhunted ground. Pickens are still pretty slim.

I found a couple of gi-normous school playgrounds today, but didn't find a thing in them. I think somebody had already found them before I did. Oh well! I did manage to find a little silver pendant and chain today. I thought it was junk jewelry until I saw the "925" mark on the back and chain. Sweet! I also found a 1944 wheat. Seems this may be a wheatie year for me. Two in two days is pretty good. Check out those lucky dice I found. They are from two different places. Metal detecting gods trying to tell me something? I found a total of 8.50 in clad today. If I keep up those totals all year, I'll be a happy girl! I'm gonna find that honey hole if it's the last thing I do!! ;D

Thanks for reading and Happy Hunting!!
Moon

Attachments

• IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_1722.JPG
    IMG_1722.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job Moon! Boy that's alot of driving, but I'm sure it'll start paying off soon. Too bad you don't know where the honey holes are, but when you find one you'll know right away.

I found 2 dice within a few weeks, and both were metal! They look handmade, like someone cut and drilled them. The MD gods are just saying that we will find is like a roll of the dice, it's all chance and you don't know what's going to come up next ;D

Don't forget the soccer fields at those schools (if they have one), they can be gold mines.

Nat

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Nattie.....Thanks for the encouragement. I have been checking out the football fields and we have several soccer fields here in town, but I never have any luck with them. I think the other fellas are keeping them cleaned out. I'll keep trying though. Thanks for checking out my post!

HH,
Moon

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have much luck at HS or middle school football fields, but the soccer fields at the grade schools can be full of quarters and rings..I seem to have better luck this time of year when the grass is thinner.

If you go to a school you've never been to before, try one for a half hour or so after you search the playground. You'll have an idea if it's stocked or drained in that amount of time, and then you can decide whether to stay or hit another school. Eventually you'll find one that has never been touched by a coil.

Good luck!
Nat

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks guys.....I'll take your advice Nat! I'm sure it'll get better......now to find those soccer fields! ;D And Dave......you guys have been quiet this year....I'm sure not for long though! ;)

HH,
Moon

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
now thats one sweet hunt :o congrats on the silver to !

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
Hey moon,

Thats allot of clad you found especially if you found it in grass. I agree with Nate about the soccer fields. I think more kids are playing on them with their street cloths on. Good luck this year I hope to see many rings form you in 08.

P.S. Does William " the Refrigerator " Parry still live There in that spooky house between a cemetery and a trailer park? It's been a while since I've been to Aiken but I would definitely ask to search his yard.

Pat Pall

benc2

Nov 26, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, vibra probe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
moon that looks like a great hunt!...how many hours did that take?

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WOW Pat....I forgot that you've been to Aiken. Yes, Refrigerator Perry still lives here, his son went to school with my son last year. I'll have to go find his house! Maybe he'll let me MD it! ;D OH....BTW, The Marlboro man lives here too....ya know the one on horse back in all the old ads? He's gay, and lives with his partner here. He's really a nice guy though, I've had him for a customer at a couple of retail shops here in Aiken.

Thanks for your replies everyone, a little pat on the back goes a long way for this skinny ole gal!!

HH,
Moon

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Moon,
Might be travling a lot, but you are finding some good stuff. Sounds like you got some good advice from the guy's here.
Hope you find big gold soon.
Tennessee Joe

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice finds Moonshadow, congrats on the silver, nice. That clad will add up quick too. You may be driving around a lot but that's a good idea, you're sure to hit a good spot with you're determination.
Glenn

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That was a very productive hunt and it ended with a nice silver piece!!!! When you are out MD, try some more out of the way spots and you will hit it big before you know it. WTG!!!!!! HH

topdog

Dec 2, 2007
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Congrats Moon, looks like your silver count is going to be really good for this year along with your clad count. Continued Success and Good Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread