Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a sweet tone on the Etrac but could only hit it with a short pass back and forth maybe 3". Got down about 5" and put the sunray probe in the hole and it sang out silver!!!!! My friend was watching as I scooped some more dirt. Another check with the probe and I knew it was out of the hole. Checking the dirt I seen a silver quarter. I picked it up and seen that old eagle on the back so I knew it was a seated coin. Front had dirt stuck so I put it away in my container with cotton balls to protect it. Later I ran water over it to wash the dirt off. "Too many guys have no patience and scratch the daylights out of silver coins trying to see the date!" Trust me guys the date won't change before you get home. It's a sweet 1877 S seated quarter. Also got 3 wheats that day.

Attachments

• Seated front.jpg
    Seated front.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 130
  • Seated back.jpg
    Seated back.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 107

BILLW

Greenie
Sep 16, 2015
SW lower MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett ATX, Whites Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin Mike, that is what I am hoping for next.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding Seated Mike!! That is stunning. Only ever found Seated dimes - the quarters have eluded me this far. Congratulations on a beauty!!

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Mike!! What a beauty she is! on my wish list too...congratulation! Killer find!

bigblockjohn454

Jun 4, 2013
S.W.Michigan
Detector(s) used
MPX Digital, Garrett Pro Pointer, Gator Digger, 10" & 14" Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing is nice and clean. It's a true beauty! We have to get together. My new baby was born on Tuesday the 22nd. I'm bound to have some good luck runnin' now.

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing is nice and clean. It's a true beauty! We have to get together. My new baby was born on Tuesday the 22nd. I'm bound to have some good luck runnin' now.
Congrats John!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! Awesome quarter!

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Mike , that's one coin that's giving me a hard time , with a few others, Congrats!

seatedhalf

Dec 28, 2007
Parma MI
Detector(s) used
M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was great to see that one come out of the ground. I would have rubbed it for you "YouTube" style so you could get the date....but no you had to wait and use water. No fun Mike.

Hope to see some more from you soon.

CoinAddict

Oct 24, 2014
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a sweet tone on the Etrac but could only hit it with a short pass back and forth maybe 3". Got down about 5" and put the sunray probe in the hole and it sang out silver!!!!! My friend was watching as I scooped some more dirt. Another check with the probe and I knew it was out of the hole. Checking the dirt I seen a silver quarter. I picked it up and seen that old eagle on the back so I knew it was a seated coin. Front had dirt stuck so I put it away in my container with cotton balls to protect it. Later I ran water over it to wash the dirt off. "Too many guys have no patience and scratch the daylights out of silver coins trying to see the date!" Trust me guys the date won't change before you get home. It's a sweet 1877 S seated quarter. Also got 3 wheats that day.

I just found the same quarter yesterday. Year and mintmark both!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions