SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to take off on another hunt today. First house I stopped at and the owner gave Me permission. The lot on both sides were hers also so I got to swing them
Too. Just the fronts. About 10 minutes in and I got the Turquoise ear ring about 7” down. Rang up a nice 92-93. One more Wheat, 1958D, and clad in the lot to the left and her yard. Wasn’t expecting much in the lot to the right.
First pass towards the sidewalk that used to run up to a house and I got an
87-88 a little scrambled but fairly solid. I dug it expecting a Wheat or copper Penny, and Ohhhhh, it was an 1899 Barber Dime about 6” down with iron throughout the hole. Great surprise!!
On the 3rd pass in that lot and I got a 1926D Merc about 5 1/2” deep!! 3 Silver Day!! Love it when that happens!!!😁
Stopped and got permission at another really nice spot. The trees in the yard were huge!! I just knew it was a Silver Yard, the older Gent gave Me Permission and let his Wife know just before he left for an appointment, in front of Me.
After 10 minutes and I already had 4 clad Quarters and a 1910 V Nickel and she sticks her head out the door and says” that’ll be enough holes dug in My yard! You need to leave now !!” I grabbed My stuff, apologized for whatever reason and left.
That’s a bummer, but oh well!!
Silver#21fty!!!
Happy Hunting!!!!!!😎
IMG_4557.jpeg
IMG_4562.jpeg
IMG_4563.jpeg
IMG_4564.jpeg
IMG_4565.jpeg

Deus2 setup-
Sensitive FT
24Hz
Reactivity 1.5
Sensitivity 94
Had the volume at 4 for the first 3 segments up to 50 under tones in discrimination. The 2 far right volume at 10.

Last edited:
Upvote 26

plehbah2

May 8, 2023
Colorado mountains
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus II
That sounds like lots of fun. The silvers are a good time, and a Barber dime makes for a better than average hunt.

All of us have been hounded, yelled at, and kicked out for hunting and digging in grass lawns at one time or another, and probably on multiple occasions. I don't think I have hunted in lawn grass for many many years now because of the cumulative trauma from getting the business so many times. I remember being a kid and hunting the city parks for a little while, but after too many yellings I moved to construction sites and demos in the old parts of town, and now I have retreated into the high mountains where I can sleaze about discreetly.

Remember that yard, and maybe someday things will change and you can finish detecting it.

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like lots of fun. The silvers are a good time, and a Barber dime makes for a better than average hunt.

All of us have been hounded, yelled at, and kicked out for hunting and digging in grass lawns at one time or another, and probably on multiple occasions. I don't think I have hunted in lawn grass for many many years now because of the cumulative trauma from getting the business so many times. I remember being a kid and hunting the city parks for a little while, but after too many yellings I moved to construction sites and demos in the old parts of town, and now I have retreated into the high mountains where I can sleaze about discreetly.

Remember that yard, and maybe someday things will change and you can finish detecting it.
I usually wait a year, whether getting turned down or told to leave, and try again. People change 😂

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 800, Manticore
That earing is lovely. You always get good permissions! I'd be pleasantly surprised w/the barber dime too. Too bad she asked you to leave, finding a Liberty nickel that quick I'm sure there were more goodies. Thanks for posting!

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a similar experience with a husband and wife, only the site was about 100 yards from the house, across a road and field, but still visible from the house. It was the site of an old house I knew about and quite rough now. A little while after the husband, who was an excavation company owner and for whom digging was a normal part of his life, gave me permission, the wife drove out and asked me to stop. She said she was afraid her grandchildren would fall in the holes! Of course, there were no holes but I did not argue, just said "fine" and left. You never know!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got to take off on another hunt today. First house I stopped at and the owner gave Me permission. The lot on both sides were hers also so I got to swing them
Too. Just the fronts. About 10 minutes in and I got the Turquoise ear ring about 7” down. Rang up a nice 92-93. One more Wheat, 1958D, and clad in the lot to the left and her yard. Wasn’t expecting much in the lot to the right.
87-88 a little scrambled but fairly solid. I dug it expecting a Wheat or copper Penny, and Ohhhhh, it was an 1899 Barber Dime about 6” down with iron throughout the hole. Great surprise!!
On the 3rd pass in that lot and I got a 1926D Merc about 5 1/2” deep!! 3 Silver Day!! Love it when that happens!!!😁
Stopped and got permission at another really nice spot. The trees in the yard were huge!! I just knew it was a Silver Yard, the older Gent gave Me Permission and let his Wife know just before he left for an appointment, in front of Me.
After 10 minutes and I already had 4 clad Quarters and a 1910 V Nickel and she sticks her head out the door and says” that’ll be enough holes dug in My yard! You need to leave now !!” I grabbed My stuff, apologized for whatever reason and left.
Silver#21fty!!!
Happy Hunting!!!!!!😎 View attachment 2086953 View attachment 2086956 View attachment 2086957 View attachment 2086958 View attachment 2086959
Deus2 setup-
Sensitive FT
24Hz
Reactivity 1.5
Sensitivity 94
Had the volume at 4 for the first 3 segments up to 50 under tones in discrimination. The 2 far right volume at 10.
Been there. Got kicked off of my best farm ever after detecting there for 2 1/2 years. Endless acres with lots of old homesites. Other detectorist wasnt filling his holes so he kicked us all out.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Silver#21fty!!!
Happy Hunting!!!!!!😎 View attachment 2086953 View attachment 2086956 View attachment 2086957 View attachment 2086958 View attachment 2086959
Deus2 setup-
Sensitive FT
24Hz
Reactivity 1.5
Sensitivity 94
Congratulations on your recoveries!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread