Got my Garrett 24k

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Hi guys. My Garrett 24k has arrived. Im really looking forward to giving it a proper run. Have done in a limited way. Crazy rains and floods where I am. Not bad floods but enough to stop me going to many and most places I want to. Driving me nuts! The few not great areas I have had a go im liking it. Very smooth running, very sensitive. Getting to know it. I spent weeks and weeks trying to get the Whites 6" concentric coil. None in Oz. Saw some in other countries but would not ship to me here. Finally have one on the way from the USA. Very happy. Tracking says 2 to 3 weeks away. Still mad rain here they say for the next 2 weeks where I am. But im really hoping when it gets here to me in the bush I can get out with it. My limited use as it is I'm liking it. It's handling and cruising over ground previous VLFs struggle in.
😀

Upvote 9
OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Hi guys, rain just will not stop here! Tracks to areas are bogged out bad, can't go anywhere I want to go. Absolutely poured down today and they say will for the next few days also. Just able to travel to go shopping in the main town near us! Nuts this time of year.
But got an update on my 6" concentric coil I purchased from the US. Left Kentucky several days ago, and its landed in OZ and on its way to me. Really happy to get the tracking update.
I must say too. Garrett Australia did a great thing. The mid section of my 24k stem, the cam lock was not put on and glued right. It tightens ok, but its not right. You can see what I mean.
IMG_20220916_192745_441~2.jpg

I contacted them and showed them.
Next day got a call from Garrett Aus, "sorry to see that, we are sending you an entire new section".
I was happy just to get the cam lock bit for when it gives out. But they sent me, came today the full mid section shaft! You cannot ask for better service than that, and it came express post too!
6" coil next week from Serious Detecting. Very looking forward to it. 👍
Screenshot_20220916-141517~2.png

Last edited:

Petra 5

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster e Series, GB2, Goldbug Pro Deep.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To find out just how great this metal dector is... Order a free gold sample from FELIX in Alaska ($2.00 shipping if you don't already have some very small peices of gold) and run one of the micro pickers across the coil.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions