Gotta get back in the game!

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been absent a bit. Didn’t get to hunt last weekend and haven’t even been on the site checking out goodies! I’ve been working like a crazy mad woman. My hunting days will also be getting limited. After some soul searching and calculations all last week, hubby and I both enrolled back into college for him to finish his degree and for me to get my ASN for RN. YIKES! All with hopes to be moving out of state within 3 years. I’m thinking...ok no big deal. I’ll start in the summer, be in clinicals by spring, yada yada. Met with an advisor Monday....I have enough prerequisites to start clinicals in the fall, just lacking 2 classes. She says “oh you can take these two in B term. Starts Monday!” Double YIKES!

One online class, one campus class once a week out of town, TEAS test on the 20th, and apply for clinicals next month...moving faster than I expected. Plus full time job, 2 kids, and a husband also starting school in the summer. What have we gotten ourselves into lol Luckily we have a lot of family support from both sides as well as support from the doctors we work for. I’ve been out of college for 11 years and have an Associates as an RVT (registered veterinary technician), but don’t use it bc the pay sucks honestly. So, just swapping from animals to people...not much difference huh? lol

Hoping to try to get out for a bit Saturday to dig and relax my head. Hopefully I can make some time and the weather cooperates. Here’s to the future!

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there. It will happen because you both have the drive to see it through. Best of luck.

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do it! Congrats to you and hubs for going back to school.

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your future plans are highly admirable. I sure hope you can dig on Saturday. We all need to get some R&R once in a while :)

OP
OP
LByles

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I’m terrified and was never confident in myself to go back to school. But I have some of the best and smartest people I know backing me. I think I’ll calm down once classes actually start and once I get through this TEAS test.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was 37 when I received my degree. It’s never a bad time to go back to school. Good for you!

OP
OP
LByles

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was 37 when I received my degree. It’s never a bad time to go back to school. Good for you!

Never! I’ll be 35 when I finish. My sister-in-law went back and finished as an RN around that age too after her divorce. Fun thing is, my dad is also back in school. He’s been in and out over the past 12 or so years trying to finish (only able to take like one class a semester) but work ends up overloading him, and he’s moved several times due to his job. We were both in college previously when I got my first degree. We are EXTREMELY competitive. So that gives me more umph to do good bc I hate him making a better grade than me LOL

My grandma was also an RN and extremely proud of it. She passed away 3 years ago. I helped care for her for several months before she passed and held her hand as she passed. I can feel her looking down and being proud bc she always told me I was a good nurse to her. She drove me nuts with her crazy requests but I loved her for it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread