Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_0215.jpg

This has got to be one my favorite keepers. We went to hunt the cut-out site today. My first keeper was the chauffeur license. Of course I didn't have a clue what it was at the time. Lisa was walking back up to the truck so I got it out of my pocket, handed it to her and asked if she'd wash it off and see what it was. After a minute or so I hear her yelling, "Oh my gosh!!!" :D I get out of the briar patch that I had wiggled into and make my way to see what I had found. :D
100_0206.jpg

Next keeper from there was three wheats in one hole. I thought that was neat. 1919 and two 1920's.
100_0217.jpg

Found a dog tag from 1991 an old spoon and one of those reed things. We made sure to wear our orange. ;) Can you see it?

100_0205.jpg

On Wednesday we started for one place and ended up at another. Cindi is one of the gals that hunts with us on occasion and we went by her place and stayed. I found lots a change and a nice silver pendant that her husband had lost. Snapped a picture and gave it to her. Found a neat pendant and a little bracelet.

100_0184.jpg

100_0186.jpg

100_0202.jpg

100_0188.jpg

Tuesday Terri and I went back to the pasture we hunted last week. I found more of those reed thingys, more of the miner's tags, garter buckle (velvet grip) and a what's it, part of watch and other stuff.

100_0196.jpg

100_0199.jpg

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!! Find somethin' good!! ;)

Nana :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll! :)

Burdie said:
What is the story about this site? HH
Burdie
It's old. ;D :D

Really...it's a small community that was bustling in the mid 1800's through to early to mid 1900's. Not many folks living there today. This is the 'hunted out' site that I told ya'll about several months ago. Most of the goodies have already been found, but there's still some here and there..just have to hunt really hard to find a keeper. :P :)

Mon....Thanks for sharing that! I'll have to see if I can find that episode! Thanks!

Neb....I believe it was Jeff of Pa, a couple of years ago, said all snow bound folks would have to live 'vicariously'. ;D I sure hope I can find more than shotgun shells to share this winter! :D

Will do, Tim! ;)
Thanks again ya'll! Have a great week. :)

Nana

OH..I forgot one thing...PBK sent me some info on the badge. Thanks PBK, your the best! One of the items was an email to someone, who I am hoping can ID the person that the badge belonged to. Wouldn't that be neat to know. :)

Palmetto Digger

Sep 17, 2007
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx550
Primary Interest:
Other
halfdime said:
Reminds me of "Driving Miss Daisy." Nice find!

Hah! I knew someone would beat me to my "Driving Miss Daisy" joke. That is so true halfdime... that was the first thing that popped into my head.

At any rate, nice finds. Sounds like you had a great time.

PD

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I say you should be voted detectorist of the year! If not then at least female detectorist of the year!

olegator01

Nov 17, 2007
Okeechobee, FL
Hi Nana,

I'm still a newbie @ MDing and I also have an MXT. Also have read many of your enjoyable posts as I've noticed most have. A COOL buncha stuff you dig up. One question? (maybe more) What mode are you doing most of your MDing in? Am doing most of my tecting in the coin /jewelry mode, found a jar of clad, and alum.,p-top, nails, etc. And now trying the relic mode!!!!!! Any suggestions either way? Love your style and answers to everyone. Thanx a MIL. We have a lot of limerock here in Okeechobee and it eats the heck out of copper too.

olegator01

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Nice post and great photos! What is the silver looking token thing with the hole on top? That looks pretty neat.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That's a nice find Nana.

I'd like to come across one myself. I have found alot of neat relics over the yrs. But no old licence. It held up really nice to.

HH Jer

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Here I sit laid up after having knee surgery :'( and after reading your post I want to rush out and dig!! ;) I don't know if I can have the patience, but the Snow Advisory we have here in Ohio will put an end to those thoughts >:(. Congrats on the finds.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Wow those are all great finds I like all of them. Thanks for sharing and for posting a thread I consider professional.

HH

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll! :)

ME... :-* Thanks so much for that great compliment!! BUT...there are so many folks on here that recover fantastic items that I will never find. :) But thank you! :)

Gator.... Welcome to Tnet! :) I always hunt in relic mode. I don't have a clue on the coin/jewelry mode. I started out in relic on the advice of a former member here and now to change over is almost impossible. I tried swapping over a couple of times and it just doesn't do anything for me. The relic mode has the different sounds that I have come to rely on and the coin/jewelry...well...just a little bleep. Be prepared to hear a lot of noise when you swap over!! :o :D You'll get use to it though. I usually dig all positive numbers (sounds) unless I'm hunting a park and come across an area full of bits of foil or shredded cans. Hope this helps. :)

Ricky...I think what you are referring to is just a little pendant of some sort. Looked awful pretty coming out of the ground though!

DDigger.... :-\ Dang! Hate to hear about your knee. Hope you recover soon and the weather breaks so's you can get back out. :)

Ant...THANKS! :)

Nana :)

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
Those are kickin' finds. Make me want to get out right now. Congrats. ;D

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana, You always have a good time and make nice finds! I sure miss good ol Bama. It was 7 below here yesterday. :-\

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana, the replies to your postings are so many I get dizzy by the time I find the end ;D

Anyway, great finds. Sure wish we had as many potential sites as you folks down there have.

My son lives down south and a buddy of his has an old historic house used during the Civil War. I said if I'd come down I could hunt it. Man!!!!

So here I am looking out at 2 foot of nasty snow! :'( ;D

HH,

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread