OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
ok the cherry juice isnt doing much. and i'm still taking acetaminophen here and there. the swelling went down before i started taking the cherry juice. this is what i concluded. when the crystals form in the joints they must do some damage to the cartilage in the joint ? and that must be what i'm experiencing ? so how to remedy that ? especially in the feet and ankles. eeeeeoouch !

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
It isn't instant, it is something you should take regularly if you have gout to reduce the number of flare-ups, Turmeric is also good for gout.

Some treatment I also recommend is the gin-soaked raisins treatment. I have used it for plantar fasciitis. I was going to have foot surgery because of the pain and nothing I tried worked much. While waiting for the surgery I read about this treatment and thought I would try it as I had nothing to lose, about 3 weeks after starting it all the pain in my heels went away. I had my mother try it for her arthritis in her hands that she suffered from for years, the same thing happen to her, about 3 weeks after starting the pain in her hands went away, and gout is inflammation. What hurt to try and the cost is cheap.

Get a box of golden raisins and a pint of gin with real juniper berries, not juniper flavor, put the raisins in a container and pour the gin over them till they are completely covered, cover them with a piece of cheesecloth or anything you have to keep bugs out but it needs to allow the raisins and gin to breath so don't put them in an airtight container. The alcohol will evaporate in you can start taking them in about 10 days. Take a teaspoon every day.

It is a combination of the sulfur in the golden raisins and the juniper berries in the gin that works. It is a natural anti-inflammatory, juniper berries were used by native Americans for inflamation.

allthough that sounds like a good suggestion. i dont have the patience to be doing all that let alone a place to do it ?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
so i also would like to know from you guys ? Colchicine vs Allopurinol ? side effects and how long you took it so far. i really need to be prepared for my next flare up as this was my worst so far. thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allthough that sounds like a good suggestion. i dont have the patience to be doing all that let alone a place to do it ?
??? Patience or place to do it ??? It is a simple process that can be done on the countertop and it takes less than 10 mins to prepare and then wait 10 days for alcohol to evaporate.

Last edited:

tumbleweed35

Greenie
Aug 3, 2018
nwarkansas
Detector(s) used
ace250, etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i also would like to know from you guys ? Colchicine vs Allopurinol ? side effects and how long you took it so far. i really need to be prepared for my next flare up as this was my worst so far. thanks
Colchicine used to work great for me when the cost was $10 for 100 pills- when I would get a gout attack I would take one pill every 2 hrs until I got diahrea-usually 2-5 pills and by that time the gout was gone- so the treatment cost under 50cents. The drug company took the old colchicine off the market, then tweaked the formula a little and got a new patent with a new name- colchris and now charge about $7 per pill. I had a neighbor that was a retired urologist and he sold me all of his unused colchicine after he went on celebrex-he never needed the colchicine after he was on celebrex. So I'm assuming celebrex treats gout also. It seems that the old colchicine was too cheap and worked too well for the drug companies to make any money. I never wanted to go on allopurinol because I don't want to take any drug on a daily basis, but a lot of people I know with gout swear by it

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
??? Patience or place to do it ??? It is a simple process that can be done on the countertop and it takes less than 10 mins to prepare and then wait 10 days for alcohol to evaporate.
dont have no countertop in my car DOH ! oh thats good driving around with open alcohol on my dashboard for 10 days u say ? sure officer i have a good reason for doing that ? can u say fed up with life ? double DOH !

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
now for the last 5 days or so ? got gout in my left elbow which migrated up from my left middle finger and knuckle. good grief Charlie Brown

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont have no countertop in my car DOH ! oh thats good driving around with open alcohol on my dashboard for 10 days u say ? sure officer i have a good reason for doing that ? can u say fed up with life ? double DOH !
You are making excuses, if you wanted to do it you could. You are talking 15 mins to prep it, you could store it at a friend's house, you could even put it in a small metal can, put the top on can, and bury the can for 10 days, wouldn't hurt it at all.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
ok treasure hunter. heres another excuse for ya. i live in my car. dont own any property to be buryin anything. maybe if i feel good enough i'll get my metal detector out again someday ? to dig somethin up but today ? i dont know when that might be ? DOH ! thanks for the thought though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread