GPAA new forum!

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a past GPAA member and a long time participant in the prospector forum of the old site. The new forum site is pretty much set up for active members with quite a few new requirements.

I would have like to thanked all the posting prospectors for the good times past, information, tips, stories, equipment reviews etc. but not being a member I can no longer even post. So, I'll say thanks and goodbye here. I now have a little more room on my favorites list.

All the best and good luck to you,
Mike

Upvote 0

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a State director for them since 97. Recently corrected some (with facts) on obama, and was immediately BANNED! About 30 others have been banned as well for making truthful statements. The new forum is Jeremy Jeffers(on) attempt to save his job. You now put in ALL your personal info, name-address-phone-email-facebook info, and it is all available to everyone. [including google-bots]

I'm done with their forums, nearly done with GPAA! Apparently their membership is dropping FAST and they are offering renewals for $35. Good luck!

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't been a member since 2009 but they keep sending me renewal notices because my membership is 'due to expire'.
Must take 5 years to expire:dontknow:
I can see that new forum as a 'motherlode' of info for the greenies and EPA.
May as well just call the NSA directly.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh I noticed that too.
Maby greenies took control of the GPAA?
NO!!!
NO!!

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been a State director for them since 97. Recently corrected some (with facts) on obama, and was immediately BANNED! About 30 others have been banned as well for making truthful statements. The new forum is Jeremy Jeffers(on) attempt to save his job. You now put in ALL your personal info, name-address-phone-email-facebook info, and it is all available to everyone. [including google-bots]

I'm done with their forums, nearly done with GPAA! Apparently their membership is dropping FAST and they are offering renewals for $35. Good luck!

Thanks for the info MadJack!

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
I read the warnings on the new web site and it sounded like Obama and His supporters had taken over the site by Govt. seizure. I did not renew my Gpaa membership this past year, and now I am sure I am finished with the Gpaa probably for good. I have decided to delete the new website from my browser. Farewell Gpaa.

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
I would like to see all the vendors who attend the Gpaa shows to strike out on their own and form a prospecting manufactures business group and hold their own shows without the Gpaa.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
The local prospecting shop told me GPAA was having problems and now after reading this post, I have decided not to join. Thanks to all of you for sharing the info. I think I'll take my money and buy some more equipment. I guess I need to look at local clubs in my area. Anyone know of one around Modesto, CA?

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was a huge contributor of postings on the old GPAA forum. I sent the admin a "contact email" stating my concerns about the new format and the new requirement to use our real names. I stated that I don't mind giving them my real name and GPAA/LDMA status and allowing them to know that my real name utilizes a forum handle....but I would not agree to using (them posting) my real full name on their forum. No response per my contact and I guess they don't give a hoot.....as a reply thanking me for my contact would have been pretty easy to do. So I have moved on.....guess all you on the T Net can observe me here.

I see I am not the only one moving on. Kinda sad isn't it? Thankfully I can still access the old closed forum and gather a lot of info I considered to be valuable....but it is a real challenge gathering such previously saved info the way they have it structured for retrieval.

Bejay

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Word has it, the GPAA is no longer under direct control of the Massie family. It was handed off when they sold the Outdoor Channel last year and cut out for Alaska permanently (I don't think the Buzzard would be pleased with the direction his club has taken) The ICMJ Gold Prospecting/ Mining Summit just keeps getting better and better so those in the industry have a new emerging venue.
I am going to the GPAA gold show in Nevada this month but likely for the last time cause after all, this is Vegas!

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@bejay, thrilled to have your expertise on this forum more regularly from now on :)

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with bejay..........
I expressed concern to the GPAA about using "real names" due to the fact that members are in the "gold mining business".
People post their equipment, their gold, and more... then they have a picture, real name, location, etc.
To me, it's a security issue, privacy issue, and not a good idea in this day and age.
They are in the mindset that it will keep things more "peaceful there" and hold people accountable.
My suggestion was simply to have ACTIVE moderators..... and not ones that just dropped by when trouble broke out.
And have them be MEMBERS and not employees of GPAA.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
The GPAA has been going down hill for quite a while, even before they sold out. After Perry bailed out, Tom just kept getting more and more goofy acting. Got to where his TV Show got harder and harder to watch. So unlike what the Buzzard was about. Miss him a lot.
Nuff Said.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The GPAA has been going down hill for quite a while, even before they sold out. After Perry bailed out, Tom just kept getting more and more goofy acting. Got to where his TV Show got harder and harder to watch. So unlike what the Buzzard was about. Miss him a lot. Nuff Said.
THAT. EXACTLY.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
When I attempt to log in or register all I get is this.

[h=1]Server Error in '/' Application.
[/h][h=2]A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).[/h][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).] System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateInputIfRequiredByConfig() +12703647 System.Web.PipelineStepManager.ValidateHelper(HttpContext context) +166

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18449 [/FONT]

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well give thought to this:

A gold miner/claim holder puts his/her real name out on a gold mining forum. Then someone can go to the LR2000 and find the individuals name and address. Now the gold miner can become a target for thieves etc. You don't suppose the miner has GOLD and expensive mining equipment do you?
Not counting how the I-Net scammers can penetrate ones personal info and steal identity.

Not a wise move if you want my honest opinion.

Bejay

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well give thought to this:

A gold miner/claim holder puts his/her real name out on a gold mining forum. Then someone can go to the LR2000 and find the individuals name and address. Now the gold miner can become a target for thieves etc. You don't suppose the miner has GOLD and expensive mining equipment do you?
Not counting how the I-Net scammers can penetrate ones personal info and steal identity.

Not a wise move if you want my honest opinion.

Bejay

You got that right!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions