47.3 KB · Views: 47

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,
I would like to buy a DIPOLO GRP from OERAD, is it good GPR? has anyone among you used this GPR please give me your opinion
Welcome to Tnet,I don,t know any thing about GPR but I bet it,s expensive.Good luck to you.

Apr 7, 2022
Lost. Any update? Where are you located? State?
It was delayed but came yesterday. Setup isn't too bad and walked it around the backyard this afternoon. It worked and I was getting readings. It isn't too heavy but you still have to carry it around.

Learning to interpret the readouts and gain a sense of what I am looking at is going to take some time. There are a lot of variables including three different antenna and many settings. Different soil types also reflect with different intensities. I am going to have to get out and play with it in areas where I can dig and bury a few things. Overall I think it will be great, but I will have to commit some time to getting the hang of it. Unfortunately we will be getting rain all weekend so it will have to wait.

I am in North Georgia about an hour north of Atlanta.

Apr 7, 2022
It was delayed but came yesterday. Setup isn't too bad and walked it around the backyard this afternoon. It worked and I was getting readings. It isn't too heavy but you still have to carry it around.

Learning to interpret the readouts and gain a sense of what I am looking at is going to take some time. There are a lot of variables including three different antenna and many settings. Different soil types also reflect with different intensities. I am going to have to get out and play with it in areas where I can dig and bury a few things. Overall I think it will be great, but I will have to commit some time to getting the hang of it. Unfortunately we will be getting rain all weekend so it will have to wait.

I am in North Georgia about an hour north of Atlanta.
Took it out into the woods today for a test run. It operated for about 10 minutes and then I started getting a message that it could not find the radar. I also got an error message about the media source not being found on the tablet. I started and restarted the unit and the tablet several times and disconnected and reconnected the cords. Got it to work once briefly, but otherwise I am getting the error messages. I did snag one of the cords on a small tree so hopefully that didn't pull something loose in the machine.

I found and downloaded the software to my phone (another adventure as the download link on the Oerad site gives a 404 message of page not found). I was able to get it from a different website and now am waiting on a USB female to USB C adapter to arrive tomorrow so I can connect it. I wanted to use my phone anyway as I have a large screen and it is much easier to carry than a tablet.

Contacting Oerad for service consists of sending a message through the website. I believe they are in Europe so don't expect to hear from them until Monday. I will add I purchased the unit used, but it appears barely used and worked out of the box.

One other observation. I will be looking for deep caches in wooded, hilly areas. A rolling unit would be out of the question due to the terrain. But using it in areas with some new growth and downed limbs/logs is still going to have it's challenges as I found myself having to move over and around things frequently. It would be much easier on flatter or relatively cleared land.

Hopefully it is just a connection issue with the tablet which will get fixed when I get the phone connected. I will keep everyone posted.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun fact: Nearly 50 percent of new members questions pertain to some sort of deep penetrating radar/detector.

I'm not sure what that means, but it's an interesting observation.

Apr 7, 2022
Fun fact: Nearly 50 percent of new members questions pertain to some sort of deep penetrating radar/detector.

I'm not sure what that means, but it's an interesting observation.
I think a lot of it is the treasure shows that treat it like the definitive resource. I think for deeper targets it will work. I was getting a signal down to about 10 feet, though the top two feet were so noisy it would have been hard to determine what to dig at that depth. But that was my first try.

Chingon559

Greenie
Feb 22, 2022
I think a lot of it is the treasure shows that treat it like the definitive resource. I think for deeper targets it will work. I was getting a signal down to about 10 feet, though the top two feet were so noisy it would have been hard to determine what to dig at that depth. But that was my first try.
That means you should go over the search are first with regular metal detector. Cleas it of all metals then do the search.
I'm hoping on finding one. I might just buy an invenio.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread