Grandpa finds...

PullTabProphet

Mar 17, 2014
West FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these today...kind of. I inherited all of my Grandfathers curios & relics, antiques, old bottles etc. While going through some of his boxes today I came across these in a little plastic container. I don't know how I overlooked these in the past.

Anyways, I figured I'd post 'em up for y'all to peruse and comment on if you'd like. Both pics are scanned at high resolution so hopefully it helps. One pic is front and the other is the backs of the coins. One in particular I don't recognize; looks like the Queen but I dunno if it's Canadian or British or? It has what appears to be a "V" on the back which I assume is for "Victory" so maybe from WW2 era?
Any info on that one would be cool to know

Thanks in advance for looking!

Back .jpg

View attachment Front .jpg

Upvote 4

drenalin11

Nov 23, 2016
Greenville, MS
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be a V Nickel which was late 1800's up to 1912 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure like the V-nickel!

OP
OP
PullTabProphet

PullTabProphet

Mar 17, 2014
West FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I believe there were two or three in there! I feel lucky to be left these coins. He was a great guy to have as a grandfather and was a treasure hunter from waaaay back. Him and a friend used to go around North and South Carolina offering to tear down and haul off old barns for free if they could keep anything they found along with the wood. They also used to find and dig out old wells and trash pits (no trashman back in the 40's 50's in rural America) My mother has a ton of old bottles and silverware from the stuff they collected. I wish I could have been with 'em back then!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread