Grave head slab having two horseshoe

Saddam

Oct 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear friends i am from Pakistan, belongs to ancient famous site of udyana now adays called malakand swat province khyber-pakhtunkhwa.
On a muslim grave head slab i found these signs. Can any one help us to explain what does it means?

PicsArt_02-11-12.53.13.jpg

PSX_20210211_005131.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saddam

Oct 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir what does it means.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Dear friends i am from Pakistan, belongs to ancient famous site of udyana now adays called malakand swat province khyber-pakhtunkhwa.
On a muslim grave head slab i found these signs. Can any one help us to explain what does it means?

View attachment 1901882

View attachment 1901883

If I might ask, what leads you to believe that is a Grave stone? Did you uncover human remains? (From your pic I can see the ground around it has been disturbed). :icon_scratch:

Since there doesn't appear to be any other markings, I don't believe it's a grave marker. I agree with Sod Buster, it looks instead to be a Kudurru or Boundary stone in my opinion.

In the Islamic faith, that mark is the Muslim symbol for the Goddess Ninhursag.

Ninhursag, also spelled Ninhursaga, was a very important Mother Goddess of Adab and Kish, in the northern herding regions of Mesopotamia. She was mainly known as the 'goddess of the stony, rocky ground, the hursag'. In particular, she had the power over the mountains and desert to produce wildlife.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninhursag

This appears to be a Boundary stone marking territory of the Goddess Ninhursag. Which seems odd as she was a goddess of the Mesopotamian region much farther to the West.

Then again, Udyāna itself (the region in which you say it was found) was primarily Buddhist. :dontknow:

An odd, interesting mix you have there. I don't believe it's treasure related though. But then again I'm no expert, that's just my opinion.

Have a Good'un. :icon_thumright:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Kind a looks like a fossilized front shoulder bone of a large dinosaur. Odd shape, but spot on for a front shoulder bone...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions