Great Coinstar Haul Makes Up for Poor Roll Hunting

Ranger Chuck

Apr 6, 2018
Central PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PXL_20220909_190920025.jpg

I finally had a good Coinstar haul yesterday! I stopped by the bank to pick up some CWR halves (nothing interesting to report there) and had to stop at Walmart on the way home.

I always check the Coinstar there despite never finding anything of significance. This time, when I looked into the reject chute, all I could see were coins. It was loaded with goodies! Lots of Coinstar firsts for me including a Susan B. Anthony dollar, silver quarter, and v+k angel token (pewter).

This helps to make up for the lack of coin roll finds lately. I search mostly pennies, nickels, and halves (when I can get them), but the pickings have been pretty slim this year.

This gives me hope knowing that people are still dumping their coin jars, silver and all, sending those coins back out into the wild. It's still out there.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2045809
I finally had a good Coinstar haul yesterday! I stopped by the bank to pick up some CWR halves (nothing interesting to report there) and had to stop at Walmart on the way home.

I always check the Coinstar there despite never finding anything of significance. This time, when I looked into the reject chute, all I could see were coins. It was loaded with goodies! Lots of Coinstar firsts for me including a Susan B. Anthony dollar, silver quarter, and v+k angel token (pewter).

This helps to make up for the lack of coin roll finds lately. I search mostly pennies, nickels, and halves (when I can get them), but the pickings have been pretty slim this year.

This gives me hope knowing that people are still dumping their coin jars, silver and all, sending those coins back out into the wild. It's still out there.
Great finds. Only got .21 on my last Walmart visit.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of those little Angel tokens. Good haul.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Only got .21 on my last Walmart visit.
Same for me today. I checked the reject tray, then ran my hand down the inside of the dump bin, still nothing. Then I noticed on the right hand downward slope of the dumper there were three coins barely sticking out. Used my credit card to carefully slide them back up. Got two clad dimes and a stinkin Lincoln. So, always look closely at the far rh of the dumper, sometimes coins get stuck there. Might be best to carry a paper clip to pull the coins back out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread