Great day finding nothing but a big out come!

Brokenbear

Greenie
Dec 26, 2021
I have passed by this old Church in an out of the way place for years ..It is kept up well but only special services are held as most of the congregation have died out or scattered ....
So I saw a pickup truck there 2 days in a row and and decided to find out who I should talk to for a permission ....
Knocked on the back door that had a key ring/keys still in the lock ...
A fellow answered the door and invited me into the add-on kitchen in the back of the Church ...
I asked who I should talk to ..to ask permission to metal detect around the church and it's huge surrounding area ....
Me he says ...
Then a strange look from him as he explains that their cemetery had a problem and they could not find the original survey pins from the 1800's :hello2: ...
I say "I'm your man" ("I hope" I say to myself) ..I just got my Garrett for Christmas and no operation time ..ZERO
Went to the house and got my machine ..took about an hour to find the master start pin and 3 others to make off his square for them to work off of
PERMISSION granted for all Church grounds including the Cemetery with both CSA and USA headstones (I won't work in the cemetery)
The present Church building was built in 1909 ..in the same area the original 1839 building stood ...
PLUS ...the gentleman said ..the first several preachers lived in a log cabin down there in that copse of woods by the creek ...be sure to check it out too!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have trouble sleeping tonight!
Bear

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have passed by this old Church in an out of the way place for years ..It is kept up well but only special services are held as most of the congregation have died out or scattered ....
So I saw a pickup truck there 2 days in a row and and decided to find out who I should talk to for a permission ....
A fellow answered the door and invited me into the add-on kitchen in the back of the Church ...
I asked who I should talk to ..to ask permission to metal detect around the church and it's huge surrounding area ....
Me he says ...
Then a strange look from him as he explains that their cemetery had a problem and they could not find the original survey pins from the 1800's :hello2: ...
I say "I'm your man" ("I hope" I say to myself) ..I just got my Garrett for Christmas and no operation time ..ZERO
Went to the house and got my machine ..took about an hour to find the master start pin and 3 others to make off his square for them to work off of
PERMISSION granted for all Church grounds including the Cemetery with both CSA and USA headstones (I won't work in the cemetery)
The present Church building was built in 1909 ..in the same area the original 1839 building stood ...
PLUS ...the gentleman said ..the first several preachers lived in a log cabin down there in that copse of woods by the creek ...be sure to check it out too!!!!!!!!!!

Bear
I hope you find tons of nice items. Make sure to share with us.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me he says ...

Bear
That sounds like a great site to work. Congratulations...look forward to more of your finds.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BB, it sounds like you are onto a great site. Best of luck to you. Take your time and work this property slow. Congrat's to you for the permission and for locating this property's pins. Job Well Done. One good deed deserves another.

OP
OP
B

Brokenbear

Greenie
Dec 26, 2021
Well I'm learning my machine for sure ..
Learning to swing level and close
Machine settings are a learning curve presently ..
This place is covered like a blanket with square nails ..
I have located a good sized area where I have run into traces of brick ..so I am thinking location of one of 2 of the 1830's buildings may have been found
Working slow with a bad back ..but it will come ..the site is too good not to eventually produce

Bear

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I'm learning my machine for sure ..
Learning to swing level and close
Machine settings are a learning curve presently ..
This place is covered like a blanket with square nails ..
I have located a good sized area where I have run into traces of brick ..so I am thinking location of one of 2 of the 1830's buildings may have been found
Working slow with a bad back ..but it will come ..the site is too good not to eventually produce

Bear
Best of luck to you. Stay at it. The saves and finds will come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions