Great hunt with Jimmy D.!! John McCain’s Mother’s home built in 1876!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got out after Church and got to go for a hunt and headed to a town 30 minutes away. We got permission at the first house with not a very big yard and I scored 1 Buffalo and a skeleton key. Jimmy got a Sterling Med Bracelet and a couple Wheats.
The next yard was a super old home right next to it and on the corner. When I asked the lady was like sure go ahead. Man, I Love those words! We took off hunting splitting the front yard in half. After about 4 passes I hit a cool token and a Merc, and he found a Silver Necklace with a religious pendant. A couple boys showed up and somehow got Us to show them how to do it. I thought they were the boys of the people at this house. So thankful they got bored and took off. Back to focusing and hunting the rest of Our sides.
The owner and her Daughter came out and they were telling Us that their home is the late home of John McCain’s Mother and that she showed up before her passing in a limo to see the house she grew up in. Man, it’s a small World!!! So Cool!! We finished Our sides and I got 3 Indians. Jimmy got a bunch of Wheats and an old Boy Scout token and swastika pendant.
We decided to swap sides to make sure We got everything due to the distraction with the boys bugging Us. I ended up finding 3 Wheats on his side and one Buffalo in the area where he was
disturbed .
He hunted the same spot on My side and found 2 Indians and a Buffalo.
It’s not every day We land a spot like this!!! Great Hunt!!! Just wished it was like this every time. Silver #23fty
Wheats-1916D,1928D,1910,1944,NoDate,1918
Indians-1907,1906,1907
Merc-1936
He was using His Equinox 800 and I was using the Deus2. Thanks for looking and
Happy Hunting!!!!!!

The pic with the White background is Jimmy’s finds, and the others are what I got.
9F2498A0-EE06-4FB6-A826-C52A7666C99E.jpeg
69E2C0E8-0248-449F-BEA2-1CBCDEB1A94A.jpeg
90FE85F9-C379-4708-91B3-DB8DFAD43D1C.jpeg
59E00A0D-754C-4F2C-A71E-E531102D15B8.jpeg
5C47DB07-CBE9-45EE-8A77-BACAC98489EE.jpeg

Attachments

• D8828FF3-97BC-415A-83E0-5A67CF913978.jpeg
    D8828FF3-97BC-415A-83E0-5A67CF913978.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 147
  • C30B53FB-BA68-4A72-8AB0-9F2B8959D28D.jpeg
    C30B53FB-BA68-4A72-8AB0-9F2B8959D28D.jpeg
    680.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Upvote 31

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We got out after Church and got to go for a hunt and headed to a town 30 minutes away. We got permission at the first house with not a very big yard and I scored 1 Buffalo and a skeleton key. Jimmy got a Sterling Med Bracelet and a couple Wheats.
The next yard was a super old home right next to it and on the corner. When I asked the lady was like sure go ahead. Man, I Love those words! We took off hunting splitting the front yard in half. After about 4 passes I hit a cool token and a Merc, and he found a Silver Necklace with a religious pendant. A couple boys showed up and somehow got Us to show them how to do it. I thought they were the boys of the people at this house. So thankful they got bored and took off. Back to focusing and hunting the rest of Our sides.
The owner and her Daughter came out and they were telling Us that their home is the late home of John McCain’s Mother and that she showed up before her passing in a limo to see the house she grew up in. Man, it’s a small World!!! So Cool!! We finished Our sides and I got 3 Indians. Jimmy got a bunch of Wheats and an old Boy Scout token and swastika pendant.
We decided to swap sides to make sure We got everything due to the distraction with the boys bugging Us. I ended up finding 3 Wheats on his side and one Buffalo in the area where he was
disturbed .
It’s not every day We land a spot like this!!! Great Hunt!!! Just wished it was like this every time. Silver #23fty
Happy Hunting!!!!!!

The pic with the White background is Jimmy’s finds, and the others are what I got. View attachment 2030673 View attachment 2030672 View attachment 2030674 View attachment 2030677
Great story with a great hunt! Congratulations

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some history, some great finds and hunting with your buddy at a permission with history- hard to top that- Congrats to you both!
Thank You!! Definitely a Great hunt!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
disturbed .
Happy Hunting!!!!!!

The pic with the White background is Jimmy’s finds, and the others are what I got. View attachment 2030673 View attachment 2030672 View attachment 2030674 View attachment 2030677
what a great hunt, love getting some history on the site too. really cool bunch of finds, well done

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
disturbed .
Indians-1907,1906,1907
Merc-1936
Happy Hunting!!!!!!

The pic with the White background is Jimmy’s finds, and the others are what I got. View attachment 2030673 View attachment 2030672 View attachment 2030674 View attachment 2030677 View attachment 2030741
congrats on those great finds.

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
disturbed .
Indians-1907,1906,1907
Merc-1936
Happy Hunting!!!!!!

The pic with the White background is Jimmy’s finds, and the others are what I got. View attachment 2030673 View attachment 2030672 View attachment 2030674 View attachment 2030677 View attachment 2030741
Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread