Green Mountain Gold Trap?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
After viewing your review of the GMGT I got to agree with your comment on the quality of the product ! Using Lexan , stainless steel and alum. in it construction is a very big plus And the quality of the finish is top notch . The finished edges on the Lexan and alum. w/ rounded corners are a plus in my opinion! There are two things that I think would improve the results for fine gold and using it in a "clay" ladened creek. 1) although it worked fine with the material you used , I think putting your material into the device higher up in the wood trough would help in stratifying and getting the fine gold to drop out of suspension better (using the wood trough)and the 2 tubes you use to create the fluid bed would benefit by flaring the inlet tubes where the water enters these tubes would increase water pressure and help eliminate the build up of black sands . Altogether I like this device and the quality of the material that is built into this device & AND you couldn't find a better guy than Mike Pung to be your mentor ! Red (his partner) is a great guy also ! I'm glad someone brought this product back out !!I'd love to win one of these !!GOOD REVEIW !!:icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stoneshirt has lost the ability to post for a while for constantly insulting members.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I like the assembled device a lot ! NICE JOB BUILDING !! The tubes could be improved on by making the flair a separate portion of the tube assembly to be permanently glued to the body and using a ( i.e. coupling) to press fit together after your clean out of cons and then slip fit it all together and install the pin to secure it! Although you normally use this device in stream and don't need a longer "slick plate " used out of a stream like you did could take advantage of the "slick plate " would help dissolve any clay and assist in stratification and increase the water column to clear the waste and make more room for the fine gold ! Also in the above video (nice) it also appeared that you either needed more flow/ more pressure / or more angle for the sluice to help clear out the fluid bed container (not enough movement of the fluid beds contents to help clear it ) While this device as is would probly be good enough for most , this EZ mod would BOOST it's performance !:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft: And I'm glad your busy as a bee in assembling these device's , it shows that you've got someone's interest and I hope it continues like Mike Pung & Red has accomplished ! KEEP UP THE FINE WORK !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions