Green Mountain Gold Trap?

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
Pretty new to this forum. First post on sluicing.
Here's my question:
Has anyone used the Green Mountain Gold Trap? I've been doing some research and this sluice is pretty unique. It has a patent pending Gold trap box that uses the force of the water to push lighter material up and out while allowing the heavier (gold) to fall to the bottom. This thing ain't cheap, but it seems to work.
If you've used it or seen it in action, I would love to know what you think of it.
Thanks

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
What is the difference between your device and one that has been hashed over a lot here on this site several years back ?? They look VERY SIMILAR , so what's the difference between them ?

OP
OP
Tom Emery

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
What is the difference between your device and one that has been hashed over a lot here on this site several years back ?? They look VERY SIMILAR , so what's the difference between them ?
The only thing I can tell you is to watch the videos on You Tube. Whatever this guy is doing, it captures gold. He has a patent pending for this thing so I'm pretty sure it isn't like anything that has come before it.
I'm buying it because I am a neophyte. I really like the ease of operation. No classifying. Just dump the sand and rocks into one end and let the Goldtrap do the rest. Plus, you don't have to disassemble it to do a clean out. Just pull the pin, slide out the tray and dump the contents into your bucket or gold pan. Then rinse it out and slide it back in. It takes about 2 minutes and you're back feeding it more material. I've watched a lot of videos of guys pulling the miner's moss, rinsing it over and over again and then putting it all back together. Seems like a lot of time and effort.
Hey, I would rather work smart.
Just want to let you know that I'm not trying to help sell these things. I just see something that works really well for what it does.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yep they work great and much easier to clean out.
There have been 4 or 5 other gold trap sluices same as this that i know of but they werent ever patented, same as with the Bazooka gold traps.
People try to customize an existing design to make it better but pretty much all the same.

OP
OP
Tom Emery

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
yep they work great and much easier to clean out.
There have been 4 or 5 other gold trap sluices same as this that i know of but they werent ever patented, same as with the Bazooka gold traps.
People try to customize an existing design to make it better but pretty much all the same.
Hello Johnny,
Do you own one of these? If so, do you have any tips about how to use it?
Thanks.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
As with any concentrator / cleanup equipment I would screen the material to a certain size and run the cons separately ! And if your useing a recirculating system ,I'd use something to drop the clay out of suspension and use multiple tubs to help settle out the remaining clay . And if your using this device with a 12vdc pump right from the stream I'd again screen it all and run those screened material separately to utilize it's specific gravity and size. Doc over on the Gold Cube site clearly explained to advantages of doing this way !

OP
OP
Tom Emery

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
As with any concentrator / cleanup equipment I would screen the material to a certain size and run the cons separately ! And if your useing a recirculating system ,I'd use something to drop the clay out of suspension and use multiple tubs to help settle out the remaining clay . And if your using this device with a 12vdc pump right from the stream I'd again screen it all and run those screened material separately to utilize it's specific gravity and size. Doc over on the Gold Cube site clearly explained to advantages of doing this way !
I haven't used this "classifier"yet. I'm buying it to eliminate all that work. I'm going to do a little experimenting with it but that won't be for a while. I hope it works as advertised; just shovel the dirt and rocks in one end and let the thing do the rest.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With the punch plate on it you wont need to classsify, just scoop it right in or shovel in depending the size.
My Bazooka is the same but has little grizzly bars.
Run it fast enough and make sure the tubes stay clear and they work great.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The thing that I liked about this gold trap was that you pull the whole high-pressure zone and clean it out whenever you want. But I don't like that it's made out of clear plastic material. It seems like it's going to show a lot of wear. I probably would have bought one years ago, but I already have three different sizes of Bazooka Gold Traps and the Gold Hog stream sluice.

OP
OP
Tom Emery

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
The thing that I liked about this gold trap was that you pull the whole high-pressure zone and clean it out whenever you want. But I don't like that it's made out of clear plastic material. It seems like it's going to show a lot of wear. I probably would have bought one years ago, but I already have three different sizes of Bazooka Gold Traps and the Gold Hog stream sluice.
Hello Mr. Shooter,
Funny thing, that's what I like about it. The clear view of the water gives you the visuals to set it up just right. Yeah, it will get scratched over time, but I think it will still be clear enough to see through for years to come.
The guy building these (Joseph) is hands on. I haven't even got it yet and we've texted back and forth. It's like we're old friends already.
I'll post some pics when I get it.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I'm guessing he means exactly what he said.
I can file a patent on a baseball, knowing it wont be approved & still say "patent pending". Making that claim does not mean the principles of operation are truly new or unique.
I do not say any of that to slam the Green Mountain sluice. I'm sure it's a fine machine & operates as claimed & that the gentlman making them is a great guy.

Like Johnny I have the Bazooka & like it. They are truly simple & the "Miner" like I have can move a LOT of material, especially since there is no need to (or point to) classify material before putting it through.
The green Mountain unit has a few minor differences (As mentioned the Bazooka, (& as far as I know the Grizzly sluice that followed it) was never patented) but the principles of operation are the same which means that you should be buying a fine gold getting machine.
Enjoy!

OP
OP
Tom Emery

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
I'm guessing he means exactly what he said.
I can file a patent on a baseball, knowing it wont be approved & still say "patent pending". Making that claim does not mean the principles of operation are truly new or unique.
I do not say any of that to slam the Green Mountain sluice. I'm sure it's a fine machine & operates as claimed & that the gentlman making them is a great guy.

Like Johnny I have the Bazooka & like it. They are truly simple & the "Miner" like I have can move a LOT of material, especially since there is no need to (or point to) classify material before putting it through.
The green Mountain unit has a few minor differences (As mentioned the Bazooka, (& as far as I know the Grizzly sluice that followed it) was never patented) but the principles of operation are the same which means that you should be buying a fine gold getting machine.
Enjoy!
Hello Vance,
I respectfully disagree. I've done research on filing a patent. You can not just file it willy nilly. You have to research what's known as "prior art" which means it has to be different enough from anything in the categorie in which you are filing. The patent office won't just hand you a "patent pending" sticker. There is a lot of time and money involved.. You can not claim "patent pending" just because it looks good on a label. Pretty sure that's called fraud.
When you reach the stage where you hire a "patent attorney" , which he claims he has, you are talking serious money and serious intent. Joseph has something unique. It isn't a copy of something. It has to stand alone and be different enough for the office to issue a patent. Sorry guys.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's just a Toy,for People that have alot of money.to ad to their "Arsenal".(Wallhangers)
Treasure hunting is all about having the right tool for existing conditions. You have to have a big arsenal to get the gold. 😎

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Tom Emery, nothing to be sorry for. You obviously know more about patent laws than I do. I say that sincerity.
As I said before I don't believe any of the previous versions have been patented so its probably good that someone finaly moved forward with a patent. I had seen this product before you posted this & was happy someone was producing the design!
I hope his business is extremely succesful! It's fun seeing small business men, especialy prospectors succed. I think the Bazooka, The Grizzly, & now the Green Mountain are great designs & would love to see someone make a business manafacturing them work!
And as I said I'm sure he is a great guy & it's a great tool.
I love my Bazooka so I'm sure you will love the Greenmountain Gold Trap!
I don't think anyone on here is trash talking the product or manafacture.
Get out & enjoy it! Im sincerly looking forward to seeing your posts showing your success!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread