Greenville michigan

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greenville's been dug out for decades.

When that one guy dug the old train depot back in the early 90s = that REALLY killed it

he found several gold coins (like 13 or 14) when they bulldozed the place and it caused 100s of diggers from all over the state (including me) to flood the place for yrs to come until every square inch of the area was pounded out!

Good luck!

OP
OP
richo328

richo328

Jan 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I guess just looking for anywere to go only been out twice. I started this hobby way to late in the season

seeker46

Greenie
May 27, 2015
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
A/T Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Richo. I'm in Jenison (not too far from you). Let me know if you want some company on a hunt (when that white stuff on the ground finally leaves!).

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

When that one guy dug the old train depot back in the early 90s = that REALLY killed it

he found several gold coins (like 13 or 14) when they bulldozed the place and it caused 100s of diggers from all over the state (including me) to flood the place for yrs to come until every square inch of the area was pounded out!

Good luck!

Some one on Craigslist in the not to distant past was looking for anywhere to hunt for a while too.

OP
OP
richo328

richo328

Jan 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Richo. I'm in Jenison (not too far from you). Let me know if you want some company on a hunt (when that white stuff on the ground finally leaves!).

Have you been out at all this season?

SWFLA456

Jun 11, 2017
St. Augustine, Fl
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck!

Sorry for posting on an old thread but I am wondering if you can go into a little more detail about the gold coin find in Greenville? I grew up here but only raguely remember the depot and the day when it was torn down. I'm pretty sure my grandpa went down to check it out but he is passed now and my grandma doesn't remember. BUT, my grandpa and uncle did find a gold coin in the vicinity in the late 70's when the girl found the jar of coins. Was this all related? I guess, what's the real story?! �� ��

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
story can wait gimme the gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread