Ground Balance Number meanings

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very easy with the AT Pro the higher the GB number the higher the mineral content in the soil/sand. Here in upstate NY, the Hudson valley region I GB at 87-94 which is pretty high I think :)

OP
OP
DiggerGal

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very easy with the AT Pro the higher the GB number the higher the mineral content in the soil/sand. Here in upstate NY, the Hudson valley region I GB at 87-94 which is pretty high I think :)

Thank you Austin!
Is there a number that I need to question as to accuracy in tones? Meaning is the machine equally accurate at say 65 versus 94?

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The lower the mineral content in the soil the better the detector should be able to do, Less "interference" for the machine to deal with and process while also looking for good signals. Just make sure to GB often so the machine knows what type of soil its in.

Bugalooob

Aug 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my ground balance is 90 here in up state NY, no matter what its always 90 never 89 or 91 always 90 for some strange reason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread