Grounding rods?

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to ask this question over in the metal detecting forum, there's a sub category called long range locating.
There's not any dowsers I know of that use grounding rods.
Some LRL packages come with grounding rods. Not sure if they offer material type options based on the ground conditions and depth they are being pushed in.
If I had a choice it would be stainless steel for it's strength, conductivity and corrosion resistance. Next would be galvanized steel.
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can buy ground rods at Depot etc. Get a couple of extra clamps. We used to set up CB radio towers on a trailer and put in four ground rods around the trailer. Clamp on two or three clamps & use a car jack to pull them out for a portable rig to "talk skip" Now, you can buy a Hi Lift T post puller much easier & safer than my old car jack.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace Hardware sells brass rod. Brass does not corrode like copper but I suppose you could use some steel wool or sandpaper and clean the copper when needed. There's not much amperage so I guess that's why most people use brass, just more convenient.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used brass and stainless steel for grounding. You can solder your wire to brass. I also use zinc dowsing rods at times, and would probably work for grounding. The only Metal that shows lack of conduction when dowsing or grounding is Aluminum. No good for dowsing.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conduction is the wrong word to explain dowsing, because the word is temperature related. What would be the correct word?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't kniw what you are saying. If electrons move through a conductor what else could it be? There is such a thing as proticity which is protons instead of electrons, but still it would be conduction. You must be talking about something else.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Resistance is probably the term I'm looking for. If a dowser was in a plane. Could he dowse?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never tried it but I've heard stories with a locator rod. THe guy said they could detect the Denver mint from I think he said 350 miles away. Said they could use it to guide the plane.

I know some people say it helps to be grounded and others say no. That Simpson guy says leather sole shoes work better. I've used a metal rod like a walking stick to stay in contact with the ground and I didn't notice anything from it but a guy tols me he did. It certainly might depend on atmospheric conditions, humidity, ground moisture, etc. It's usually real dry here.

Everything has resistance unless it has superconductivity.

I think something you have left out of the equation is lightning. The energy travels in a N/S direction for thousands of miles. The early frewquency generatrors claimed an approaching storm played havoc on the signals.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dowser from a pontoon, or up 20 ft on a deck. I've dowser from a moving car. If it's possible to dowse from a plane then their is no grounding required for l-rod dowsing. No grounding means no conduction. The signal has no positive nor negative exchange, so it's not electric nor magnetic. But certain materials determine the strength of signal received.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about the airplane just repeating what was told to me. I've used a locator rod from a moving car and it works. Not quite so simple as you are saying. Look at this article. I realize dowsing is not exactly the same but there is some info to be had here. I'm too tired to expalin it now but the air acts as a capacitor.

Tesla's Big Mistake?

Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Signal. Maybe somehow electricity is involved when the signal reaches Earth. Starting at the trigger, or what triggers dowsing power is radiation coming from certain active sunspots. Solar cycle 25 is underway. With background and radio flux #'s within my dowsing parameters, I find I was wrong. Minor B and C flares are active, and I have nothing. No signal at all yet. The trigger must be a type 1 or type 2 radio event. Its deffinately something involved with a CME. Any day now the trigger will reveal itself. Once we know what triggers dowsing power, we'll know when to dowse. Stay tuned, I'm on it.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to cause any copyright infringements so not going to post any photos, but you can get your own book, maybe even find some of it on his website. Konstantin Meyl "Scalar Wave Technology -- Documentation" but he has other books, too. Lots of free youtube videos on his work. Same with what Bill Beaty wrote this is Tesla's Wireless power transmission, and like I said the air acts as a capacitor.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, it sounds like you need a course in electronics. I don't think you have a clue. Plenty of info available on the internet.

Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if I took a course I wouldn't understand it. I know that electricity is capable of making a frequency, but nothing electrical is made that is capable of reading nor creating a dowsable signal. That would eliminate electricity in my book.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never tried it but I've heard stories with a locator rod. THe guy said they could detect the Denver mint from I think he said 350 miles away. Said they could use it to guide the plane.

I know some people say it helps to be grounded and others say no. That Simpson guy says leather sole shoes work better. I've used a metal rod like a walking stick to stay in contact with the ground and I didn't notice anything from it but a guy tols me he did. It certainly might depend on atmospheric conditions, humidity, ground moisture, etc. It's usually real dry here.

Everything has resistance unless it has superconductivity.

I think something you have left out of the equation is lightning. The energy travels in a N/S direction for thousands of miles. The early frewquency generatrors claimed an approaching storm played havoc on the signals.

I've always wondered how far I could dowse. I use a 20 mile away Silver signal to check power. I see no evidence of moisture causing a change. Shoe type on or off never mattered. In or out side of my house never mattered. No change at all during a lightning storm. The only thing that changes is the on or off, and the strength and duration of the power.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it doesnt make sense. If electricity is ruled out, how can a material make a dif. Conduction, or resistance, or grounding, do they only apply to electricity?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed a few times the signal went dead for a few minutes over the past several days. Just went cold dead then came right back.

One thing I should mention is I don't do much of any locating during the Summer months. My guess the lightning causes havoc because it's hard to know which direction it is coming from. You can track it. https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=oss;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=0.00;ts=0;

The signal from distant lightning can travel thousands of miles mostly travels in a N/S direction but nearby lightning affects all the area surrounding it. If you've ever studied the ELF/VLF stuff, there are Whistlers and other phenomena that affect the atmosphere. https://vlf.stanford.edu/research/introduction-whistler-waves-magnetosphere

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread