Grounding rods?

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read one time that using a magnet on the end of a stainless steel rod works well for enhancing the energy signal. So I attached a mechanics magnetic telescopic tool to my dowsing rods. When I dowse, my hand touches the mechanic rod with the magnet on its end. Both my dowsing rods and this tool are telescopic. Thus I can select the length on both to hopefully match energy frequencies. For me it works well.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can buy ground rods at Depot etc. Get a couple of extra clamps. We used to set up CB radio towers on a trailer and put in four ground rods around the trailer. Clamp on two or three clamps & use a car jack to pull them out for a portable rig to "talk skip" Now, you can buy a Hi Lift T post puller much easier & safer than my old car jack.
Update ~ If it matters to your use, the ground rods Depot carries now are just plated iron rods. Nice old boy told me his corroded away. I think it might be elrctrolosys. Sure is getting hard to source decent materials / parts without going bankrupt.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are constantly pounding it in the ground and pulling the coated rod out it's going to get damaged. My thinking if you leave it in the ground even if it does oxidize it might even make a better ground rod from the halo effect.

Some recycling centers you might be able to find solid brass rod. Tell them you are looking for some and maybe they can call you when they get some. Just a thought. Last I heard the price of copper is way up so expect to pay quite a bit for the brass, too.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are constantly pounding it in the ground and pulling the coated rod out it's going to get damaged. My thinking if you leave it in the ground even if it does oxidize it might even make a better ground rod from the halo effect.

Some recycling centers you might be able to find solid brass rod. Tell them you are looking for some and maybe they can call you when they get some. Just a thought. Last I heard the price of copper is way up so expect to pay quite a bit for the brass, too.
That's true! Huge markups at the box stores. A 1/8th inch valve a year or so ago, $1.98 yesterday $8.98. Guess that projects on the back burner.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read one time that using a magnet on the end of a stainless steel rod works well for enhancing the energy signal. So I attached a mechanics magnetic telescopic tool to my dowsing rods. When I dowse, my hand touches the mechanic rod with the magnet on its end. Both my dowsing rods and this tool are telescopic. Thus I can select the length on both to hopefully match energy frequencies. For me it works well.
Yes, magnets have been used as a dowsing amplifer for at least a hundred years. Louis Turenne did a lot of work with magnets. Also I read a book from some guy in India "Magnet Dowsing". He had elaborate tables with many magnets, kinda looks something like my avitar. He said hold a horseshoe maget in your left hand to magnetize your body.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can get some photos of the magnet table later today. This is a photo copy, would not pay anything like that price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread