Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's some good reading right there.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Also look at the publication of "The Lost River of Gold" with maps , I bought mine years back from the the back of the Keene Catalog . I don't know if they still have it AVA.????? It was GREAT reading about the Blue Lead and who the Mammoth River once flowed (a LONGGGGGGGG TIIMME AGO )from Southern California to up into Alaska !

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also look at the publication of "The Lost River of Gold" with maps , I bought mine years back from the the back of the Keene Catalog . I don't know if they still have it AVA.????? It was GREAT reading about the Blue Lead and who the Mammoth River once flowed (a LONGGGGGGGG TIIMME AGO )from Southern California to up into Alaska !

I couldn’t find this title on the internet Russau. Do you know where a guy might pick up a copy?

thanks,
Mike

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good information there

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
google, ancient rivers in calif.there alot of good infor there. brad
I couldn’t find this title on the internet Russau. Do you know where a guy might pick up a copy?

thanks,
Mike

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I don't believe it, great Blue Lead running threw my state, not, most of Western Washington state is made up of Islands crashing into the continental US. threw plate tonic expansion. There is no evidence that a river from southern California flowed north to Alaska in my state. Maybe it did flow threw my state but it must have been before the great ice age witch carved out and deposited so much glacial debris here in Puget Sound plus add the creation of the cascade mountain range here witch is one of the main sources for gold found here in western Wa. , the second source is threw glacial deposits from the North.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
HMMM??? Well in the publication and referring to the maps provided in it that "Blue Lead extended from southern California (Mammoth Mountain ) NORTH through Cal , Oregon ,Washington , B.C. ,Alaska and spots were found along this path. Most of it is buried under overburden BUT spots have popped up showing the Blue Lead. It may help to read the publication ! Try Keene to see if they have any more copies left !

Bill

Mar 19, 2003
Cocoa Beach
russau,
I have the book as well. Great info. When I lived in Arizona, I contacted a state geologist in Phoenix. I wanted to know if the river ever moved into Az. He said that it had, and gave me locations where it could be located. I found several places that he told me about, and the river gravel was there sometimes several hundred feet up in hills. I also found what is described as the blue lead in Az.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yes Bill he's correct ! I was searching for any possible locations that went East across the states and I imagine it M/Ted out to the Missouri /Mississippi Rivers somewhere! I thought I saw where it went across Kansas BUT private land and skeptical land owner's stopped me !

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HMMM??? Well in the publication and referring to the maps provided in it that "Blue Lead extended from southern California (Mammoth Mountain ) NORTH through Cal , Oregon ,Washington , B.C. ,Alaska and spots were found along this path. Most of it is buried under overburden BUT spots have popped up showing the Blue Lead. It may help to read the publication ! Try Keene to see if they have any more copies left !

Was this an April fools joke, think about it, all major rivers in the northern hemisphere flow from the North to South except those rivers that drain from the mountain's. Was it possible that California had a water reserve capable of starting and creating a river that flowed up to Alaska, research says no. I bought a lot of publications in my past and what they said has been proven wrong many times. The Blue Lead does exist in California but not in Washington State, if you have proof that it does and know where it is my state, tell me where and I will gladly go and confirm it.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
No it's NO April fools joke ! This was before the uplift of the Tectonic Plate's shift . It is not on the internet and all I have to say is , try to get a copy of it from Keene where I got mine.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered the book from Keene, for those that try I bought the digital version but Keene has not yet sent me the digital copy yet.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
delnorter:

Take a look at:

report.pdf (usgs.gov)

The price is right!

Raymond Wallace wrote The Ancient River of Gold - I believe that's based on a California Division of Mines & Geology publication. I saw a copy for sale on the Internets at a very fancy price (looks like it might be a bootleg edition, I'm not sure). Wallace famously said "Mine your own business."

Here's another one that might be of interest:

Origin of gold in placer deposits of the Sierra Nevada Foothills, California (sierrageology.org)

So far, you haven't spent a cent.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
russau:

You are very welcome!

Every state has a department of mines and geology, economic geology, mines and minerals - something. And most of them produce first-rate publications, tailored to each area, and available either low-cost or free. Then there are all the US government resources.

There's no reason for any prospector or miner to be short of excellent reference materials - they just have to look.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread