Guns?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked for Bo Clercke for a coupla' Years(Google Him)..I'm a Pacifist,And would share the Break Table with him and his Buddys/admireers that dropped by who were down at the NRA Range in New Mexico,We were located not far North(Raton,NM)...I listend to their Crap/Bravado and bit my Tongue. ...stoneshirt.
I didn,t have to Google Bo Clerke,proper spelling is Clerke. Any one in the shooting world knows who Clerke is.Why would you subject yourself to a coupla years of tongue biting to work for someone you didn,t like?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cared a lot for Bo...It was ineresting,and I learned alot.He was a Target Shooter,and was'nt full of Anger.stoneshirt
Man,you,re going in circles here. If you,d ever actually associated with shooters as a group of people,you,d know that they,re the most friendly and calm of people,hardly full of anger. Don,t know what your angle is.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years ago before they had their own detector I detected a few crime scenes for the local small towns. Found the guns that solved A couple of shootings, and found the evidence that solved a multi state catalytic converter theft ring. That was always interesting!

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like Drunks,ether.So maybe I should go and rub Elbows with them and "understand" them.?
False analogy. No one is talking about rubbing elbows with anyone. My suggestion was not to go rub elbows with people who shoot guns. It was to go to a range and shoot guns. It would be helpful for you if you are honest about wanting to understand people who like guns.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once a War-Dog,always a War-Dog....ARF,arf.

Just trying to understand you.
You do realize that not just "gun nuts or war-dogs", but people from all sides of the political spectrum, own and enjoy firearms? I know the media and politicians try to polarize and make it a partisan divisive issue, but for the average American, it's not.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once a War-Dog,always a War-Dog....ARF,arf.
It is "war-dogs" who gave us our freedoms and country and it is "war-dogs" who protect and defend our freedoms and our country.

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are in an urban setting and discover a firearm, it is a good idea to give it to the cops. And tell them you want it back after they find it is 'clean'. Otherwise they may destroy it, keep it or sell it.
Maybe 30 years ago I read about a guy in California who found a .22 H&R revolver a couple inches deep in his yard. It was the weapon used to kill 2 cops back in the '50s. They were able to trace it to the killer, who was a successful grandfather. They identified him by a .38 bullet fired by one of the dying cops which was still in his back. He was very surprised when they arrested him!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Countries with the Highest Rates of Violent Gun Death (Homicides) per 100k residents in 2019​

1. El Salvador (36.78)
  2. Venezuela (33.27)
  3. Guatemala (29.06)
  4. Colombia (26.36)
  5. Brazil (21.93)
  6. Bahamas (21.52)
  7. Honduras (20.15)
  8. U.S. Virgin Islands (19.40)
  9. Puerto Rico (18.14)
  10. Mexico (16.41)

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Don't know about anyone else, but it's not the thrill of firing the weapon... it's the thrill of hitting where you aimed. It's the thrill of competency, of knowledge, of being able to do...
If that was true that it is the thrill of hitting where you aim, then my firearm friends who also own adult air rifles which are amazing at hitting on top of the last hole, on my 60 yard airgun range, wouldn't sneer about accuracy with my airguns.

No, there has to be something to that loud blast. I grew up shooting firearms but it is far more challenging to punch tiny holes at 60 yards with a non firearm. It takes a whole lot more talent than with firearms, and tons more full body control. A LOT MORE!

I have a nice AR15, it is special at 100 yards, back when I sighted it in years ago at least. I can't shoot that firearm here though. I did have my springer "airgun talent" I used with the AR when sighting it in, and the AR was built for accuracy.

I honestly believe there is really a lot of enjoyment FA people gets from the loud bang in their hands. Addictive. Jmho

Last edited:

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia

Countries with the Highest Rates of Violent Gun Death (Homicides) per 100k residents in 2019​

1. El Salvador (36.78)
  2. Venezuela (33.27)
  3. Guatemala (29.06)
  4. Colombia (26.36)
  5. Brazil (21.93)
  6. Bahamas (21.52)
  7. Honduras (20.15)
  8. U.S. Virgin Islands (19.40)
  9. Puerto Rico (18.14)
  10. Mexico (16.41)
I wouldn't live my Life based on Numbers,my Friend...Numbers do not reflect reality.stoneshirt...Un-less your a Bean Counter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread