Guns?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't live my Life based on Numbers,my Friend...Numbers do not reflect reality.stoneshirt...Un-less your a Bean Counter.
Fact is fact, Columbia ranks #18 in murders worldwide.

You have no problem telling us to live our lives by numbers you perceive in a country you don't live in.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, beer cans , street signs and large effigies on bill boards neither move or shoot back . TP

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't live my Life based on Numbers,my Friend...Numbers do not reflect reality.stoneshirt...Un-less your a Bean Counter.
(“You’re”)

And yes I am. Or was. But now I am the business manager so I also count human beans/beings. Figures have a way of ending up being important in the long run no matter what your heart says.

As to shooting. A gun is a tool and any craftsman will enjoy a good tool and a job done right. Until my chickens learn jujitsu they will rely on me to guard their coop.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Human beings/beans can be counted. Unless unaccounted for.
Your president sleep well?
(7/2/2021).
[Last Friday, the helicopter of President of Colombia Iván Duque was struck by multiple bullets as it approached the airport of the city of Cúcuta, capital of the Norte de Santander region, located on the Venezuelan border. No passengers were injured by the small-arms fire, although Duque’s government released photographs showing the helicopter’s exterior lacerated by bullet holes. The attack occurred in the context of escalating levels of violence in Colombia—as the landmark 2016 peace deal signed with the Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia (FARC) lurches unsteadily toward its fifth anniversary—and record-low approval ratings for President Duque. Over the weekend following the attack on the presidential helicopter, at least nine people—including four police officers—were killed in multiple separate incidents across Colombia, from Cali on the Pacific coast to the Department of Cesar (located northwest of the Department of Norte de Santander, also on Colombia’s border with Venezuela).]

[ The attack also prompted U.S. President Joe Biden to call President Duque in a show of support, pledging a donation of 2.5 million doses of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines to Colombia while also voicing support for the right to peaceful protest, underscoring the importance of accountability for state security forces, and condemning wanton acts of violence. (Although Colombia’s National Strike Committee recently called for a suspension of the demonstrations that have rocked the country’s major cities since April, leaving at least 60 dead, protests have resurged in Bogotá amid allegations of “egregious abuses” committed against demonstrators by police and security forces.)]

[ Colombia’s coca-growing acreage reached a record high. Furthermore, the power vacuum generated by the FARC’s post-2016 demobilization has incentivized the emergence of numerous smaller splinter groups, eager to vie for drug trade profits and occupy territories over which the FARC once reigned. Even given the increased prominence of other armed groups—most notably the Ejército de Liberación Nacional (ELN), which today represents Latin America’s largest active rebel force—the FARC has remobilized an estimated 40 percent of its armed cadres since agreeing to lay down arms in 2016.]

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I worked for Bo Clercke for a coupla' Years(Google Him)..I'm a Pacifist,And would share the Break Table with him and his Buddys/admireers that dropped by who were down at the NRA Range in New Mexico,We were located not far North(Raton,NM)...I listend to their Crap/Bravado and bit my Tongue. ...stoneshirt.
I'm also a pacifist. It's a natural choice for me. I understand your efforts to maintain your pacifist beliefs when surrounded by those who disagree with pacifism. I too used to bite my tongue but I eventually came to understand that it was better to express my views and hope to help others understand through reasoned dialogue. It just seems more honorable and true to my beliefs. Just my experience, your situation and beliefs may very well be different than mine.

I don't see what having a gun has to do with being a pacifist though. Guns and the skill to use them effectively are valuable tools when needed. Even pacifists need to eat when the grocery store has no food. Even pacifists don't want to be attacked and eaten by feral dogs. Even pacifists sometimes need to make a hard choice. That is always a human choice, the gun doesn't make decisions or shoot without a human to guide it. It's just a tool - no more dangerous than an axe or a car. Axes, cars and guns are always more dangerous in the hands of someone with no skill in using them.

Without the knowledge and skill of handling a firearm your choices can be very much limited when you encounter famine, mob violence or those who have no respect for your pacifism, your family or your loved ones. For that level of choice I would rather have the option not to be a victim or unwilling participant.

Just one pacifist's point of view.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
[After more than half a century of civil war and the rise and fall of drug trafficking empires, Colombia remains beset by guerrilla rebels and criminal networks. Despite the 2016 demobilization of the FARC, armed groups and criminal networks are involved in an extensive range of activities including drug production and trafficking, arms trafficking, money laundering, extortion, contraband smuggling and illegal mining.]

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also a pacifist. It's a natural choice for me. I understand your efforts to maintain your pacifist beliefs when surrounded by those who disagree with pacifism. I too used to bite my tongue but I eventually came to understand that it was better to express my views and hope to help others understand through reasoned dialogue. It just seems more honorable and true to my beliefs. Just my experience, your situation and beliefs may very well be different than mine.

I don't see what having a gun has to do with being a pacifist though. Guns and the skill to use them effectively are valuable tools when needed. Even pacifists need to eat when the grocery store has no food. Even pacifists don't want to be attacked and eaten by feral dogs. Even pacifists sometimes need to make a hard choice. That is always a human choice, the gun doesn't make decisions or shoot without a human to guide it. It's just a tool - no more dangerous than an axe or a car. Axes, cars and guns are always more dangerous in the hands of someone with no skill in using them.

Without the knowledge and skill of handling a firearm your choices can be very much limited when you encounter famine, mob violence or those who have no respect for your pacifism, your family or your loved ones. For that level of choice I would rather have the option not to be a victim or unwilling participant.

Nice!Well said and explained.Thank you for a bit of sanity.

thormchammer

Dec 14, 2021
Timbered regions of the PNW.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, when you do find a weapon from detecting around, what do you usually do with it? And what's the most effective solution in handing that?
Me, personally, with a lot of firearms experience, I’m keeping it and keeping my mouth shut. Your decision is your decision and no judgement from me on your call. No matter what, remain safe and proper firearms handling practices. Old guns, if loaded, may have volatile loads so handle with care and clear the chambers first, if possible.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Fact is fact, Columbia ranks #18 in murders worldwide.

You have no problem telling us to live our lives by numbers you perceive in a country you don't live in.
The other Day,you post your reality Number as 26.36.And now,it's 18.?
"Guns don't kill,People do".....Numbers don't lie,People do.....Watch them Numbers,my Friend........Illusion-al...Oh! and no One reads the Bogota Post.It's all bull$hit.And,for living here in Colombia...It's not for sissy's......stoneshirt.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Guns don't kill,People do".....Numbers don't lie,People do.....Watch them Numbers,my Friend........Illusion-al...Oh! and no One reads the Bogota Post.It's all bull$hit.And,for living here in Colombia...It's not for sissy's......stoneshirt.
That is correct, Columbia has 26.36 gun deaths per 100,000 population, ranked #18 in the world for homicides by firearms in 2019.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the risk of being uncordial,you,my friend are full of s--t! You.re a Buddhist and a pacifist,yet you inform us as to how rough it is to live in Columbia.I,m done with this,you,re going in circles again.Best of luck and stay in Columbia.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia

"I don't see what having a gun has to do with being a pacifist though"....Guns are made for One thing,and One thing only,that is to kill.
"but I eventually came to understand that it was better to express my views and hope to help others understand through reasoned dialogue. It just seems more honorable and true to my beliefs. Just my experience, ..
At the risk of being uncordial,you,my friend are full of s--t! You.re a Buddhist and a pacifist,yet you inform us as to how rough it is to live in Columbia.I,m done with this,you,re going in circles again.Best of luck and stay in Columbia.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

You live in the shadow long enough , you quit considering what causes it.
What Chavez didn't ruin enough in Venezuela , Colombia is exploiting.
Pacifists pick leaves. And of course by being in the shadow so long see it as a good deal. Hey , it's better than before. And you live.
One of the rules for picking leaves is , no guns. Anyone ask the shadow why?
Yet part of the funds from cocaine , fuel war and violence through arms being acquired with them.

It is an armpit of the world. Brought to you by what? Pacifism or defense?
When it's your turn to pick leaves , pick them with a passion. After all , it's what your country is about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread