Guns?

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah,I know. I just like to yank his string to see what Wild Willie of a story he,ll come up with next.
You know them aggravating gnats that buzz around your face, eyes, and mouth in hot weather when walking or detecting? Irritating as can be. That is him. Irritating little gnat. Best to ignore them. Or use repellent on them which is the "ignore" button.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know them aggravating gnats that buzz around your face, eyes, and mouth in hot weather when walking or detecting? Irritating as can be. That is him. Irritating little gnat. Best to ignore them. Or use repellent on them which is the "ignore" button.
All true.I can,t let it slide though when he puts out an outright lie,without a correction.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All true.I can,t let it slide though when he puts out an outright lie,without a correction.
maybe I do not understand it correctly. I thought if you enabled the ignore button for someone then you would not see posts by them. Maybe I did not understand correctly.

He is the only one on here I would block. I am impressed by how nice and helpful everyone is on here. Nice group.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe I do not understand it correctly. I thought if you enabled the ignore button for someone then you would not see posts by them. Maybe I did not understand correctly.

He is the only one on here I would block. I am impressed by how nice and helpful everyone is on here. Nice group.
No,you got it right.I just do not choose to ignore any one.I like to know what my enemies are saying.Any way we won,t have to put up with him for a while,I believe he,s in time out.Not the first forum he,s been booted from by the way.You,re right,this is indeed a fine forum with many knowledgeable and helpful people.Very good moderators and admins too.

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
we call them dog pecker flies where i come from.

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
I'm 63 years old been metal detecting for 50+ Held a FFL since I was 18 worked in my Dad's Gun Shop until he passed last year. Still enjoy working on guns and Shooting, Hunting with all types of firearms. Metal detecting Hunting of all types since I retired due to a disabling injury keeps me in shape. Now I have found several guns none of which were ever going to shoot again so no need to turn them in, not any good for evidence either. I have several police friends that check things out with out making a big scene, if it was warranted they would handle all the legalities so I would just give it to them with all the details. With 45 years handling firearms of all types I never seen a single gun go off by itself now hear me out, I can load a gun any gun and even turn the safe to off position lay the gun down and it will never fire..... until such time that something or someone either knowingly or unknowingly fires that firearm. Someone famous said if your not part of the solution then you are the problem, our Columbian member if he chooses to be a pacifist then so be it. don't expect anyone to fight for you when you refuse to fight for yourself.

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
Ain,t that strange,that,s what we call them here in deepest,darkest S.E.Arkansas.
I worked with some of them racist rednecks as stoneshirt calls ya'll couple years ago at State College Pa. we drank a lot of beer and told a lot of lies but I would have trusted them with my life.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked with some of them racist rednecks as stoneshirt calls ya'll couple years ago at State College Pa. we drank a lot of beer and told a lot of lies but I would have trusted them with my life.
They,re actually good folks, literally give you the shirt off their back.I don,t know what stoneshirts game is but he,s obviously never been in the Southern US.

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
They,re actually good folks, literally give you the shirt off their back.I don,t know what stoneshirts game is but he,s obviously never been in the Southern US.
I hate to say this but he is one of them that the good southern folk would feed to the hogs if ya get my drift. I worked all over the U.S. met a bunch of good people and a couple idiots of course.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say this but he is one of them that the good southern folk would feed to the hogs if ya get my drift. I worked all over the U.S. met a bunch of good people and a couple idiots of course.
I attended classes at the YORK air conditioning plant about 1977 or so.Was there for 3 weeks and found Pennsylvanians to be just as good folks as any others I ever met any where. I,ve found that usually folks give back about what you give out,act an ass and that,s what you,ll receive,treat folks kindly and they,ll treat you kindly.I,ll be 70 in March and that,s how I try to treat folks.I have a lot of friends all over this great nation.

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
I attended classes at the YORK air conditioning plant about 1977 or so.Was there for 3 weeks and found Pennsylvanians to be just as good folks as any others I ever met any where. I,ve found that usually folks give back about what you give out,act an ass and that,s what you,ll receive,treat folks kindly and they,ll treat you kindly.I,ll be 70 in March and that,s how I try to treat folks.I have a lot of friends all over this great nation.
You must be talking about York International it is affectionately known as Johnson Controls now . I got a job there in 1997-1998 was supposed to start the following week they had a massive explosion, that killed that job life moves on. I treat people with respect not much of that these days.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I have found several guns none of which were ever going to shoot again so no need to turn them in, not any good for evidence either. I have several police friends that check things out with out making a big scene, if it was warranted they would handle all the legalities so I would just give it to them with all the details. With 45 years handling firearms of all types I never seen a single gun go off by itself now hear me out, I can load a gun any gun and even turn the safe to off position lay the gun down and it will never fire..... until such time that something or someone either knowingly or unknowingly fires that firearm.
AMEN. Gun violence is violence of humans using guns. Gun deaths are deaths due to humans using guns to kill. The media has villified the guns as if they were evil. That's foolish. They are inanimate objects. Rather than identify and punish the segment of society that is made up of evil humans.

I know a LOT of hunters and gun owners who would be happy to see a manditory death penalty for anyone using a firearm in the commission of a felony. Whether anyone was killed or just hurt. THAT might cut down on "gun crimes" a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread