GWI (Nice One!!) & NJ Copper (Not so much…)

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Y’all. Working with the new Tnet site vs Tapatalk, hope this comes through.

Made it back to an old site in the park woods that had produced a number of late 1700 - early 1800’s treasures over that last few years. This spot now pops something old at a rate of only 1 item per hour of swinging, but when they pop they are definitely older than most sites produce around here.

I decided to follow some simple advice I watched on a YouTube channel for digging / not digging deep high tones with the Nox. Advice was to only dig if you could get the signal to appear in some form in all directions, vs just one way that tends to be iron.

Today’s signal was deep, under multiple roots and in the sidewall. For sure thought it would be a rusty square nail, so lucky I didn’t scratch it as I had to poke and scrap dozens of times before I finally extracted it.

4F450CAF-1C2F-4177-A633-0E31592142F6.jpeg

Here he is held for the first time in 200+ years.
15015980-D915-45BF-B8C7-C086B452CB67.jpeg

Deep
4DE9E937-BDA6-4946-9A6B-7095A297C12A.jpeg

Wiped the dirt away and some nose grease to clean up.

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

About 10 feet away got another very deep faint but repeating high tone, under a big root popped an old copper.

9E732956-0719-41A4-BA00-1710159B1406.jpeg

This old coin has seen better days, but was able to ID.

IMG_2026.jpg

Also a nice one piece coat button popped nearby.

IMG_1852.JPG

Finally a couple of nicely detailed drawer pulls popped at a site directly across the road in the park, most likely from occupation 100 years later.
IMG_E1987.JPG

I hope this post works... Lots of great finds from Tnet members lately. The dirt gods are smiling on us. Good luck out there.

Upvote 23

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freaking Awesome! Those GWIs you have pulled out of there have been as beautiful as you could ever hope for.
Did you get Banner on the previous ones from that place?

Last edited:

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful button that I can only dream of finding where I am. Congratulations on a wonderful hunt. I know the Washington buttons seem to be popping up a lot lately, but that one is so nice I am voting banner. Stay safe and keep swingin.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I love to take a break from swinging by digging and based on the finds, I'd dig every squeek on that site!
Thanks for the post!

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Freaking Awesome! Those GWIs you have pulled out of there have been as beautiful as you could ever hope for.
Did you get Banner on the previous ones from that place?

Thx Steve!!! Yes, the green one I found on May 10, 2019 got the banner vote.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Made it back to an old site in the park woods that had produced a number of late 1700 - early 1800’s treasures over that last few years. This spot now pops something old at a rate of only 1 item per hour of swinging, but when they pop they are definitely older than most sites produce around here.

I decided to follow some simple advice I watched on a YouTube channel for digging / not digging deep high tones with the Nox. Advice was to only dig if you could get the signal to appear in some form in all directions, vs just one way that tends to be iron.

Today’s signal was deep, under multiple roots and in the sidewall. For sure thought it would be a rusty square nail, so lucky I didn’t scratch it as I had to poke and scrap dozens of times before I finally extracted it.

View attachment 1983966
View attachment 1983967
Deep
View attachment 1983968

View attachment 1983999

View attachment 1984000

About 10 feet away got another very deep faint but repeating high tone, under a big root popped an old copper.

View attachment 1983969

View attachment 1984001

View attachment 1984002

Finally a couple of nicely detailed drawer pulls popped at a site directly across the road in the park, most likely from occupation 100 years later.
View attachment 1984003

I hope this post works... Lots of great finds from Tnet members lately. The dirt gods are smiling on us. Good luck out there.
Those are some super nice finds. I’m sure it is a dig you will always remember!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1983966
View attachment 1983967
Deep
View attachment 1983968

View attachment 1983999

View attachment 1984000

View attachment 1983969

View attachment 1984001

View attachment 1984002

View attachment 1984003

Great finds! That GW is just awesome- Congrats!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1983966
View attachment 1983967
Deep
View attachment 1983968

View attachment 1983999

View attachment 1984000

View attachment 1983969

View attachment 1984001

View attachment 1984002

View attachment 1984003

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread