Had a problem today with Detectors

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to a old Picnic grove today to detect. Our detectors Deus with 11x13 -11 inch and 9 inch ALL X35 coils would not work properly. My friend with his Equinox 800 would not work right either. We tried everything we could think of to get them to work properly and no luck. We decided to leave but i wanted to stop and thank them for letting us detect. I told her i thoiught she had a electric fence shorting out and to make sure her cows were safe. She said "Oh that's right a cow this morning went through there electric fence and they had not had a chance to check it out and thanked me for reminding her. About every one to 2 seconds We were getting a Pulsing tone on our detectors.
If your out detecting and you get a continuous signal it may be caused by a shorted out electric fence.
Has anyone else had this issue ?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to a old Picnic grove today to detect. Our detectors Deus with 11x13 -11 inch and 9 inch ALL X35 coils would not work properly. My friend with his Equinox 800 would not work right either. We tried everything we could think of to get them to work properly and no luck. We decided to leave but i wanted to stop and thank them for letting us detect. I told her i thoiught she had a electric fence shorting out and to make sure her cows were safe. She said "Oh that's right a cow this morning went through there electric fence and they had not had a chance to check it out and thanked me for reminding her. About every one to 2 seconds We were getting a Pulsing tone on our detectors.
If your out detecting and you get a continuous signal it may be caused by a shorted out electric fence.
Has anyone else had this issue ?
Never heard that one Gare,I,m filing it in the memory bank for future reference.Thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I forgot to add to the issue. In the last few days we have HAD A LOT of RAIN ( I bet we have had 2 to 3 inches of rain) The ground was pretty well soaked . I am sure this also added to the problem !!1

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This fence was going directly to ground

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site where I found the NY militia belt plate in my avatar has an electric dog fence. I can only detect there with my smallest coil running at 20kHz while constantly ground balancing and frequency shifting.

That site is worth the headache though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread