NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks,

Had a really good weekend. Wound up with 1 potential vintage piece of gold, 7 silvers and other sundries.

I was hunting a GIANT cornfield with a bit of history to it. At various time the area had at least 3 homesites, a few county fairs, horse tracks, a school, and a poor house (read: asylum). This is a place I've hunted before and I know others have hunted at least part of it, but the owner is very kind. Luckily the field is so large, I know nobody can ever hunt it all. I did a lot of gridding this weekend and only covered a VERY small portion of it. The only trouble was the corn was still stubble and I'm sure you all know how hard hunting that is. After posting here for years, I've decided to try my hand at making a video. You can find it at the link below.

I know folks on this forum prefer photos, though, so here you go! The take for the weekend was as follows:

Vintage gold (?) jewelry. Need to get a testing kit for this one. Came out looking shiny with no brass shining through. No hallmarks though.
1855 Seated Liberty Half Dime (with arrows)
1860 Seated Liberty Quarter
1874 Seated Liberty Dime (with arrows)
1877 Seated Liberty Dime (with weird cut pattern around the rim???)
1923 Mercury
1942 P War Nickel
1956 Rosevelt
3 Shield Nickels (toasted)
3 IHP (mostly toasted, 1-1868)
1 Wheat (toasted)
2 round balls
1 brass ring

There's also a photo of my trash for the weekend. That's a 14in diameter gold pan. Take your trash, and you won't have to dig it again, right?

20211012_193945.jpg

20211010_190517.jpg

Video:

Thanks for looking,
-NZ49er

Upvote 28
OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh! I forgot to mention:

I'll be headed to Western Nevada in about a week. My work is 10 days on, 4 days off. If anyone wants to get together for some nugget shooting or relic hunting, drop me a private message.

Cheers!
-NZ49er

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"at least 3 homesites, a few county fairs, horse tracks, a school, and a poor house (read: asylum)."
What a great place to look for lost coins & other stuff.
That's a dream site you got there. Congrats on the great finds !!

OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"at least 3 homesites, a few county fairs, horse tracks, a school, and a poor house (read: asylum)."
What a great place to look for lost coins & other stuff.
That's a dream site you got there. Congrats on the great finds !!
Thanks! Yep, I really enjoyed hunts there. Sadly, I think this weekend will probably have been my final opportunity to hunt it. I'm only in the area for work and my job ends on Friday. Ah well, it was good while it lasted and there's always new areas to research!

Thanks for commenting!
-NZ49er

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very productive site, well done.
Best of luck in your travels, stay safe.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy folks,

Had a really good weekend. Wound up with 1 potential vintage piece of gold, 7 silvers and other sundries.

I was hunting a GIANT cornfield with a bit of history to it. At various time the area had at least 3 homesites, a few county fairs, horse tracks, a school, and a poor house (read: asylum). This is a place I've hunted before and I know others have hunted at least part of it, but the owner is very kind. Luckily the field is so large, I know nobody can ever hunt it all. I did a lot of gridding this weekend and only covered a VERY small portion of it. The only trouble was the corn was still stubble and I'm sure you all know how hard hunting that is. After posting here for years, I've decided to try my hand at making a video. You can find it at the link below.

I know folks on this forum prefer photos, though, so here you go! The take for the weekend was as follows:

Vintage gold (?) jewelry. Need to get a testing kit for this one. Came out looking shiny with no brass shining through. No hallmarks though.
1923 Mercury
1942 P War Nickel
1956 Rosevelt
1 Wheat (toasted)
2 round balls
1 brass ring

There's also a photo of my trash for the weekend. That's a 14in diameter gold pan. Take your trash, and you won't have to dig it again, right?

View attachment 1984964

View attachment 1984965

Video:

Thanks for looking,
-NZ49er

That was an amazing hunt! You found more seateds than many will in their entire hunting career- incredible! I, for one, am a fan of videos, and I enjoyed yours- well done!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks,

1923 Mercury
1942 P War Nickel
1956 Rosevelt
1 Wheat (toasted)
2 round balls
1 brass ring

View attachment 1984964

View attachment 1984965

Video:

Thanks for looking,
-NZ49er

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy folks,

1923 Mercury
1942 P War Nickel
1956 Rosevelt
1 Wheat (toasted)
2 round balls
1 brass ring

View attachment 1984964

View attachment 1984965

Video:

Thanks for looking,
-NZ49er

Great post, pics and video. my friend. Still looking for my FIRST seated and you pull 4 in one weekend. Well played. Solid evidence that research and perseverance pays off. Fair winds and following seas. I trust our paths will cross again. Peace out

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great lot of nice finds! Thanks for sharing and Congratulations!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks,

1923 Mercury
1942 P War Nickel
1956 Rosevelt
1 Wheat (toasted)
2 round balls
1 brass ring

View attachment 1984964

View attachment 1984965

Video:

Thanks for looking,
-NZ49er

Congratulations on your nice hunt

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dream hunt!! Congrats!!

OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks,

Just got the second video posted. Also, I've relocated to Nevada for the next couple of months. Hope to have some gold nuggets to throw up here soon.

Thanks for looking,
-NZ49er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions