Had a scare with my MDer today

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I put new batteries in my MDer today and when i turned it on and used it for a few minutes i noticed the speaker had gotton very low.So i was worrying that the speaker was faulty and it would have to be replaced or water had gotton to the housing :'(
I tried to figure it out for at least 15 minutes then i finally did...................in my rush to get out MDing i had gotton NON alkaline batteries !
whewwwwww !!!! I thought i was in trouble !!! LOL so i went to the store and got the good ole alkalines and she sounded off just fine ! ;D
Moral of the story ALWAYS look before you buy ! Its advice to live on ! ;D ;D ;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I always wanted to know what would happen if you did this. Glad it didn't hurt your detector.

Burdie

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Burdie said:
Well I always wanted to know what would happen if you did this. Glad it didn't hurt your detector.

Burdie

Thanks Burdie. I am glad to .I think she was givin' me a warning with the low speaker ! So i am SO glad i checked the batteries very soon after i put them in. A close one to say the least !

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Spitfire Reddie ?? name change ?? Or am I losing it??
Like both names i guess.
Oh ... and on topic- -i've put in standard, works fine but wear out faster!! :)
HH

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Blackjack77 said:
Spitfire Reddie ?? name change ?? Or am I losing it??
Like both names i guess.
Oh ... and on topic- -i've put in standard, works fine but wear out faster!! :)
HH

Yeah i thought it was time for a change ;D ;D its me pirate name !

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Spitfire Reddie said:
Moral of the story ALWAYS look before you buy ! Its advice to live on ! ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like solid advice to me.........best of luck to ya........ :D

GL & HH,

DugHoles

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
daytondigger said:
I'm waiting for new digs Spitfire. ;D

I am too LOL ;D Tomarrow i MAY go to Mayberry Days in Mount Airy N.C. i plan on doing MDing & some bottle diggin' up that way somewhere ;D WooHooo !
I like that show .I felt so sad when Don bit the dust earlier this year. :'( :'( :'(
May snoop aroundPilot Mountain some too but i want do any diggin or anything there because its State Park :(

Its a about a hour drive,not bad at all.

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Spitfire Reddie said:
daytondigger said:
I'm waiting for new digs Spitfire. ;D

I am too LOL ;D Tomarrow i MAY go to Mayberry Days in Mount Airy N.C. i plan on doing MDing & some bottle diggin' up that way somewhere ;D WooHooo !
I like that show .I felt so sad when Don bit the dust earlier this year. :'( :'( :'(
May snoop aroundPilot Mountain some too but i want do any diggin or anything there because its State Park :(

Its a about a hour drive,not bad at all.

Judy..judy..judy ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• GOOBER.JPG
    GOOBER.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 627
  • FLOYDS.JPG
    FLOYDS.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 619
  • all.JPG
    all.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 625
  • BARNCAR.JPG
    BARNCAR.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 619
  • ME AT PILOT MOUNTAIN.JPG
    ME AT PILOT MOUNTAIN.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 611
OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I look like a rough and tumble tomboy ! Oh Yeah ! ;D ;D

PS...Hubby is a bad photographer and is new to working the dig cam ;D ;D ;D

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Great pics Reddie, Andy Griffith Show was always one of my favorites..............til it went color of course! I met Goober years ago when I was moving furniture for United Van Lines, moved his ex-wife & he showed up to pay the bill for her. He was a very nice guy, gave me & my crew a nice tip! His ex even said he was a stand up guy, got his autograph here somewhere, packed away. :)

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Mighty AP said:
Great pics Reddie, Andy Griffith Show was always one of my favorites..............til it went color of course! I met Goober years ago when I was moving furniture for United Van Lines, moved his ex-wife & he showed up to pay the bill for her. He was a very nice guy, gave me & my crew a nice tip! His ex even said he was a stand up guy, got his autograph here somewhere, packed away. :)

WOW ! I sure would like to meet him , i just got to meet the impersonators.I think Andy was there last year but i couldn't go :'( and Don died before i could meet him :'( :'( There are very few good color episode of T.A.G.S .and i do mean very few.The Black and whites were always the best.They still show them here Mon-Friday at 5:30 on CBSright before the local news comes on.I guess because Andy Griffith was born here in NC in Mt Airy & the whole show is based here in North Carolina in Mt. Airy AKA Mayberry ;D ;D

PS...forgive me on the last pic up at the top there .I was kinda pissy because i got wet from the rain ! LOL !

http://www.visitmayberry.com/historynorthcarolina.asp

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little Ramapirate trys to get me to buy the "super heavy duty" batteries, he thinks they would really work well like the name implies. I told him the only thing super heavy duty about them is on the wrapper where it says Super Heavy Duty. That's sort of a hard concept for a little kid.
We hit Mayberry Days I guess last year. I signed a get well card to Don, bless his heart. I gave up after standing in line for a pork chop sandwich at the diner for about an hour, those are pretty famous. I said I'd come back when it was back to being Mt.Airy. That is some beautiful country up there, we went down to Hillbilly Hide-Away in Germantown(?) and ate and stayed for the show after Mayberry Days. Good food, all you can eat and they bring it in bowls to your table.

HH,
Ramapirate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread