Had to end it with the New 49,s mining club

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know what their problem is, are they scamming us, this year I became a lifetime member and paid the down payment as they required and expected that every month they would charge my account for what was due. It was misleading for a few months later I get a notice that I owe money. Apparently I was supposed to send a check to them every month, I was never notified of that but the main problem is that is if you are an associate member you can pay online but a lifetime member can't.

Upvote 1

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
When you joined up with them did you ask how the payments would be handled? I am not a member but I have many friends that are and they liked being a 49er . If I had lived closer to them and was in better physical shape I would have joined them 20 years ago ! I'm sure there are 49er members that are on this site that can answer your question's ! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all !

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most clubs are not geared to assist people in the best light. There may be underlining agendas. Just saying.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
If they are taking your $$$ then they ought to be in the position to advise or explain who to and what to expect while joining up ! If not then I wouldn't join !

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They took my down payment on a lifetime membership which was paid threw PayPal, they make that part easy as I did many times to become an associate member. My experience from all those years of dealing with this club is they are like Costco; they make their money off of dreamers who may make it down there but don't. Fortunately, I own a very rich claim just upriver from Happy Camp, sadly my down payment was lost .
claim.jpg

hawkeye39

May 12, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI SL
Whites GMT
GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why can't you just pay what you owe and continue making payments until you are paid up? Seems like an honest mistake you shouldn't lose your down payment. Have you discussed this with the club?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there a specific “auto pay” option that you selected or did you just assume they would bill PayPal each month? Have you spoken to them on the phone about this already?

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why can't you just pay what you owe and continue making payments until you are paid up? Seems like an honest mistake you shouldn't lose your down payment. Have you discussed this with the club?
The club is dying , payments not possible since the letter they sent me canceling me and that was the first notification I had from them of the problem. It is their responsibility to notify us on how we need to pay upfront but there is another problem here, without naming names there is a mining club that caused the situation we have now, no dredging, High banking and other motorized mining here California and now in Oregon and in my state Washington. I have seen mining clubs destroy our rights to mine over the last 30 years. I have seen personally in my state how mining clubs got us shut down for the reason that they would bring in hundreds of people to a mining claim, the WDFW shut down mining to panning only, those were hard years. A claim owner mining his claim has little or no impact on enviroment but bring in a bunch of amateur's that is the problem and should be ended.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The club is dying , payments not possible since the letter they sent me canceling me and that was the first notification I had from them of the problem. It is their responsibility to notify us on how we need to pay upfront but there is another problem here, without naming names there is a mining club that caused the situation we have now, no dredging, High banking and other motorized mining here California and now in Oregon and in my state Washington. I have seen mining clubs destroy our rights to mine over the last 30 years. I have seen personally in my state how mining clubs got us shut down for the reason that they would bring in hundreds of people to a mining claim, the WDFW shut down mining to panning only, those were hard years. A claim owner mining his claim has little or no impact on enviroment but bring in a bunch of amateur's that is the problem and should be ended.
The Karuk tribe is what got things shut down far as I know?? Hadn’t heard a mining club was involved in the lawsuit. I kind of get what your saying, but that particular tribe is litigious. There is a deep seated resentment bordering on hate for anyone not a member of the tribe.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Karuk tribe is what got things shut down far as I know?? Hadn’t heard a mining club was involved in the lawsuit. I kind of get what your saying, but that particular tribe is litigious. There is a deep seated resentment bordering on hate for anyone not a member of the tribe.
The Karuk tribe has no effect on the past 6-8 mining acts of Congress.

The Karuk tribe has no effect on Congress defunding of the "Mineral surveys" and "Land Patents" etc. processes that will determine the "Types of lands".

There is a big "Culture" difference with the tribes in general.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There may be a number of reasons why clubs in general could be dying.

Did the WDFW spell out in writing why there was a shut down?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the mining clubs were involved for decades before the Karuks came into view and became a nationally recognized tribe. A few of the Karuks were illegally growing dope all over the area and Miners were always coming across their dope fields on their legal mining claims and they wanted us Miners forced out... Unfortunately, this is all old news, legal dredging is dead in that useless state and has been for over 10 years thanks to that useless governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, all talk, no balls... nothings changed...

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All of the mining clubs were involved for decades before the Karuks came into view and became a nationally recognized tribe. A few of the Karuks were illegally growing dope all over the area and Miners were always coming across their dope fields on their legal mining claims and they wanted us Miners forced out... Unfortunately, this is all old news, legal dredging is dead in that useless state and has been for over 10 years thanks to that useless governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, all talk, no balls... nothings changed...
Dredging is still on the books. Getting tangled up in paper work / terms / wording is a different matter or what ever you prefer to call it.

Reactions: Fat

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ever wonder what got the Karuks riled up? It might be their nature but that's not really enough to explain the series of events that led to their suit.

I've heard from several sources that drunk, nude, swearing miners on dredges were trying to disrupt a Karuk dip net ceremony, after being asked to pause their mining for the duration of the ceremony. This was after the miners had unsuccessfully petitioned the DFG to prohibit the Karuk ceremony.

Perhaps the aggressive and offensive actions of the miners prompted the Karuk to start their action? I've also heard from those sources that the miners involved were founders and members of the same club being discussed in this thread.

That's not all hearsay, you can see the ongoing battle between this club and the Karuk in the many efforts by both parties to get the government involved in their disputes for nearly a decade before the Karuk brought suit.

I'd like to think the dredge moratorium was based on facts or science but it's obvious at this point in time there were no science or facts involved in the decision.

In my experience being personally offensive and obstructive when in a dispute with others actually reduces the chances of reaching a reasonable accommodation of each sides concerns and redirects the dispute away from finding common ground and instead creates a personal desire to retaliate.

I'm not blaming miners for the dredge ban. I'm also not blaming the Karuk. The dispute on the Klamath was very poorly handled by both sides and in part provided the impetus to get the public involved in picking sides in the dispute, which was characterized as a battle between nature and dredge mining. You know the rest of the story.

Heavy Pans

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't see any mention of the installment plan's payments being autopay.
Being the down payment is charged , does not assure autopay follows.
A participant would need to authorize it or contention can be directed at whoever deducts from the/a creditcard.

I agree it's not overly clear as to how you pay installments. The first month no charge followed after the down payment , would be a red flag.

[Please enroll me as a Full Member of THE NEW 49’ers under the extended payment plan. I understand my credit card will be charged for my non-refundable down payment of $200 and that my balance of $2,300 will be paid in monthly payments of $22.50 or more until fully paid. **]

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ever wonder what got the Karuks riled up? It might be their nature but that's not really enough to explain the series of events that led to their suit.

I've heard from several sources that drunk, nude, swearing miners on dredges were trying to disrupt a Karuk dip net ceremony, after being asked to pause their mining for the duration of the ceremony. This was after the miners had unsuccessfully petitioned the DFG to prohibit the Karuk ceremony.

Perhaps the aggressive and offensive actions of the miners prompted the Karuk to start their action? I've also heard from those sources that the miners involved were founders and members of the same club being discussed in this thread.

That's not all hearsay, you can see the ongoing battle between this club and the Karuk in the many efforts by both parties to get the government involved in their disputes for nearly a decade before the Karuk brought suit.

I'd like to think the dredge moratorium was based on facts or science but it's obvious at this point in time there were no science or facts involved in the decision.

In my experience being personally offensive and obstructive when in a dispute with others actually reduces the chances of reaching a reasonable accommodation of each sides concerns and redirects the dispute away from finding common ground and instead creates a personal desire to retaliate.

I'm not blaming miners for the dredge ban. I'm also not blaming the Karuk. The dispute on the Klamath was very poorly handled by both sides and in part provided the impetus to get the public involved in picking sides in the dispute, which was characterized as a battle between nature and dredge mining. You know the rest of the story.

Heavy Pans
Thanks for pointing some of the details out as not everyone is aware myself included.

So what was the dispute?

On what "Grounds" did the miners petitioned the DFG?

How does this involve mining except exempt or closed for mineral entry?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If one chooses to enter contracts that are outside of mining activities that is that's one's decision and will have "Duties" to carry out.

What does Arnold Schwarzenegger have to do with the decision to enter these types of "Contracts"?

The State of Oregon code has the terms "Contracts" or "Agreement" defined in one location.
You may want to check it out as the State you may be concerned about likely has a similar definition. This goes way back before Arnold Schwarzenegger for example. This is why I asked the question above.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is off of the topic here of this thread, however I would ask you one question.

If the definitions of words and terms don't matter then why is there a number of "Mining Cases" that the outcome was determined by just a word or maybe some terms?

I'm talking Supreme or high Court Cases here for all to read. This will clue you to the context issue or topic in dispute.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread