Had to end it with the New 49,s mining club

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know what their problem is, are they scamming us, this year I became a lifetime member and paid the down payment as they required and expected that every month they would charge my account for what was due. It was misleading for a few months later I get a notice that I owe money. Apparently I was supposed to send a check to them every month, I was never notified of that but the main problem is that is if you are an associate member you can pay online but a lifetime member can't.

Upvote 1

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No need for a claim in my state, just mine, placer deposits are surface deposits, code ?. Apparently you may not have state land open to mining in your area, the rivers I have mined for over 30 years are still open to mining if you fallow the laws
You do make a good point as "Prospecting" per day is very generous.

If one is making a "Claim" of a "Mineral deposit" it may be more then the daily "Prospecting". There is also the issue of "Back fill in".

Long as there is a historical records of "Mineral surveys" on record there will still be "Mining districts" that will be open for "Mineral entry".

Thus if is very important for people to share the history of mining that will never go away. Some will try to gloss over "Mining" as a bad or evil industry. However the same will start crying if they have to give up all of the electronic gadgets that they have a hard time living without.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a pointer here. If you start using "Words" and "Phrases" that are not defined by the "Code" you may be starting to go down some kind of rabbit hole where you may not want to go.

Very easy to get all tangled up on "Words / phrases" out side of the context that it is defined by.
Just try to make a "Claim" without at least referring to a single term / phrase defined within the "Code".

I will ask anyone to post a direct link or refer to a definition of the phrase "Surface Mining". I think you will not find it defined anywhere within "Mining", "Code" that deals with "Mineral deposits".

The phrase maybe use from time to time within "Agencies" internal documents and memos.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is now going into the topic of "Show your papers" while out prospecting or worse yet your own "Claim" of record.

If this rings a bell that is because this has happened though out history or the past. This is another reason for sharing information so as to not repeat history.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do not take this wrong or in a bad light as mining clubs are important for sharing information and getting together with like minded people. Even going out on new prospects. This is the place for mining clubs.

Some may choose to have a conversation that may touch upon topics that may not be covered to deeply in club meetings. After all some words and terms are not to exciting and will not hold everyone's interest very long..........lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions