Half a bar of something

sqeal

Tenderfoot
Jul 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, wondering if someone could help me with this thing. It´s a bar that´s been cut in half. I´d say it weighs about 100 grams.
The inscriptions say: LINGOEIGO (the word gets cut off here), ISCC, 200 (guessing that´s the weight in grams if the thing was whole), GM.

I´ve had it since I was a kid, and always wondered if it could be gold, but it´s definitely too hard to be pure. Anyone recognize the markings?
Btw, the pink color on the front is from a permanent marker.

Attachments

• IMG_20170714_191743351.jpg
    IMG_20170714_191743351.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 778
  • IMG_20170714_191828910.jpg
    IMG_20170714_191828910.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 546
  • IMG_20170714_193233115.jpg
    IMG_20170714_193233115.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 640
  • IMG_20170714_191652503.jpg
    IMG_20170714_191652503.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,055

Plug N Play

Bronze Member
Aug 23, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
De Havilland Canada DHC-7-102 Dash 7 - Fugro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attn. Mods

Not saying this is the case, here. Just want folks to think about how things of this sort might work.

Very often, in any collectable, the "too good to be true" comes from either the scammer or the one who may have already been scammed. The one who has been scammed is looking for answers.

The scammers ... all they want is dialog ... they are looking for that one vulnerable person, who, in a moment of weakness thinks, "What if it's true ?" The one person who will respond OFF THREAD. A personal message or an email, or a phone call, etc. ... it gets handed off to a "handler".

"Gee, grandma, there's been little interest in this ... that's good, it just leaves you and me ... and since I can't deal with it currently ... that leaves you in a wonderful position to reap the riches."

It's not the chat, that they care about ... they just want it to continue. They don't care if it's nae-sayers.
If most chatters are skeptical, no problem ... just keep it going. It's that one person that goes outside the chat that they want. The weak one ... the one cut from the herd.

You'll find the stories are usually lacking ... additional information slyly absent. Until they have you alone. Then everything escalates. The riches compound ... the stories get "fascinating" ... your hopes get elevated.

The front men have no time to keep their stories straight because they are running "dozens" of items a day. Quick answers devoid of anything specific. They get their cut after the handlers bring home the bacon. Keep feeding the handlers, every now and then, one pays off ... the front men get a little of it.

The handlers are good ! They play the weak like a fish. Sometimes the payoffs can be huge for them. Does grandma tell the family she lost everything ? ... heck no ... most of these get lost in the humiliation ether.

TLDR: IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS !
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... never go off chat on things of this nature. If you do ... be very cautious of ANY escalation. Seek help, seek advice, before doing anything. There are folks who can search the net for you and point things out. There are police, etc ... who have seen it all before. The handlers will try to rush you. There is NO NEED TO RUSH ... ask around, get support, take your time, come back here and ask about things ... THERE IS NO NEED TO RUSH, in spite of what you may be told. Back up, and get lots of advice.

BEST ADVICE: Please do not go off-chat on things of this sort. We have a good community here on tnet ... but, if you leave it, things can go very wrong in a hurry.

Addendum:
However you came across this, sneakysquid, ... if you are concerned, be very skeptical ... get it tested, and don't go further without getting advice from reputable dealers, family, police, etc.

Attn. Mods : Feel free to delete if this is the wrong way ... I'm not sure how to get the word out, but the more folks are aware of this sort of thing, the safer the community will be.

Upvote 1

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take it to a pawn shop, most have a pXRF...it will tell exact composition.

Upvote 0

Voyager

Oct 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have a Lingo Seigo ISCC 200 GM which weighs around 153 grams or 6oz ..

Well, enquiring minds should be informed. I found it in the attic where I grew up, it intrigued me, so I held on to it. It was used as a toy, hence the pink permanent marker. I have no idea where it came from, but my best guess is that my great-grandfather brought it from America early in the 1900s. I live in Norway, and pretty much everyone went to America to try their luck at that time. Maybe he hid this thing in the attic and forgot about it:)

I am José from Central America. I have the same bar but mine weighs 153 grams. Have you found More information about it's origin? I came across your message when searching in Google AND I found your post. Do you want to Whatsapp?

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Attn. Mods

Not saying this is the case, here. Just want folks to think about how things of this sort might work.

Very often, in any collectable, the "too good to be true" comes from either the scammer or the one who may have already been scammed. The one who has been scammed is looking for answers.

The scammers ... all they want is dialog ... they are looking for that one vulnerable person, who, in a moment of weakness thinks, "What if it's true ?" The one person who will respond OFF THREAD. A personal message or an email, or a phone call, etc. ... it gets handed off to a "handler".

"Gee, grandma, there's been little interest in this ... that's good, it just leaves you and me ... and since I can't deal with it currently ... that leaves you in a wonderful position to reap the riches."

It's not the chat, that they care about ... they just want it to continue. They don't care if it's nae-sayers.
If most chatters are skeptical, no problem ... just keep it going. It's that one person that goes outside the chat that they want. The weak one ... the one cut from the herd.

You'll find the stories are usually lacking ... additional information slyly absent. Until they have you alone. Then everything escalates. The riches compound ... the stories get "fascinating" ... your hopes get elevated.

The front men have no time to keep their stories straight because they are running "dozens" of items a day. Quick answers devoid of anything specific. They get their cut after the handlers bring home the bacon. Keep feeding the handlers, every now and then, one pays off ... the front men get a little of it.

The handlers are good ! They play the weak like a fish. Sometimes the payoffs can be huge for them. Does grandma tell the family she lost everything ? ... heck no ... most of these get lost in the humiliation ether.

TLDR: IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS !
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... never go off chat on things of this nature. If you do ... be very cautious of ANY escalation. Seek help, seek advice, before doing anything. There are folks who can search the net for you and point things out. There are police, etc ... who have seen it all before. The handlers will try to rush you. There is NO NEED TO RUSH ... ask around, get support, take your time, come back here and ask about things ... THERE IS NO NEED TO RUSH, in spite of what you may be told. Back up, and get lots of advice.

BEST ADVICE: Please do not go off-chat on things of this sort. We have a good community here on tnet ... but, if you leave it, things can go very wrong in a hurry.

Addendum:
However you came across this, sneakysquid, ... if you are concerned, be very skeptical ... get it tested, and don't go further without getting advice from reputable dealers, family, police, etc.

Attn. Mods : Feel free to delete if this is the wrong way ... I'm not sure how to get the word out, but the more folks are aware of this sort of thing, the safer the community will be.

Its great to have a knowledgeable group of honest people here at TN always willing to help. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am José from Central America. I have the same bar but mine weighs 153 grams. Have you found More information about it's origin? I came across your message when searching in Google AND I found your post. Do you want to Whatsapp?

Why do you want to Whatsapp? The best way to seek answers is to talk here on the forum.

Upvote 0

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i think that Whatsapp thing, is prob one of the scenario that Plug N Play is talking about

Upvote 0

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it to a jeweler and get it tested... then you will know for sure...

Upvote 0

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm here to say there ain't no scam !! Because after commenting on this thread way back when.....well I dug my own half bar !! It was buried deep, and was encrusted with corrosion, sand, and coral !!

A LINGO BAR !! Whatever they are !! No one seems to know so im sticking with my original post from way back when....I think there related to boat building and are muntz metal !! Who knows !! Thats a guess here it is before and after cleaning.
20221119_100112.jpg
20221119_100027.jpg
20221119_100048.jpg
20221119_110817.jpg
20221119_110844.jpg
20221119_113751.jpg
20221119_123748.jpg
20221119_123748.jpg
20221119_123623.jpg
20221119_123900.jpg

I thought it was a silver ingot before I cleaned it !!

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I'm here to say there ain't no scam !! Because after commenting on this thread way back when.....well I dug my own half bar !! It was buried deep, and was encrusted with corrosion, sand, and coral !!

A LINGO BAR !! Whatever they are !! No one seems to know so im sticking with my original post from way back when....I think there related to boat building and are muntz metal !! Who knows !! Thats a guess here it is before and after cleaning.
View attachment 2056089 View attachment 2056090 View attachment 2056091 View attachment 2056092 View attachment 2056093 View attachment 2056094 View attachment 2056095 View attachment 2056096 View attachment 2056097 View attachment 2056098
I thought it was a silver ingot before I cleaned it !!

So something thought to be a possible scam, is in reality an unidentified item. Who would have ever thought that, not me that is for sure.

Upvote 2

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well what the heck.....no one can figure this out ? All this time and still no answer ?? How can it be that the only place on the internet that has info on these bars is this thread ?? All these people have one and no one knows what they are....they were made for something ??
20221119_123623.jpg

Mines been chiseld in half !! And was buried on the beach !!

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread