Half Dollar Box Volumes Post-CV

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, still lurking here but I've been out of the half dollar CRH game since Covid shut down the banks. Curious if anyone's banks are allowing half dollar box coin orders yet. My old pickup banks have been sticking to their guns, saying that they're only allowed to order one box of halves per week though I had previously had no issue getting four per branch.

To me, you have to churn through a decent volume in order to make it CRH for silver worth it, and one box per week just isn't going to cut it. It makes me wonder if the banks now finally have an excuse to clamp down on our frivolous coin orders or if there are truly still some supply chain issues in getting the volume they used to.

Has anyone else been able to get more than one box per branch per week?

Upvote 0

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few that are allowing me still, but not very many anymore are. So far this year I've been able to procure 41 boxes of halves and exactly zero boxes of dimes.

This time last year I had almost double the volume searched, if I remember correctly. Years past I'd be up over 100 boxes searched by now.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that's a shame. Hoping they will relax things in the coming months (or years, who knows.) Otherwise a huge part of the hobby is killed.

Sure you can hop around looking for CWR but I've personally always had worse luck doing that, in my area at least.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
You're right, it's only a matter of time before we wave our hand over an iPad and pay via microchip implant :icon_thumright:

Just unfortunate there was just a ready-made excuse dropped into their laps to make things tougher on anyone who wants/needs cash.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one am shocked at how easily people are willing to give up their cash. Hardly a negative word about it.

People will regret their indifference when your accounts are frozen over a error or massive hacking attack.

It baffles the mind.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
The other thing they can't wait to control is not only every dime you spend and where but ANY money you get in. With no cash you have to digitally transfer $$ to people and that can all be taxable.

I sold a personal camera to KEH and they paid via Paypal, and then at the end of the year I got a 1099 from Paypal for the money I got for the camera. Paypal considered any money to me as taxable

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other thing they can't wait to control is not only every dime you spend and where but ANY money you get in. With no cash you have to digitally transfer $$ to people and that can all be taxable.

I sold a personal camera to KEH and they paid via Paypal, and then at the end of the year I got a 1099 from Paypal for the money I got for the camera. Paypal considered any money to me as taxable

And there it is folks! Send billions over seas and sqeeeeeeeze the little guy to get some more.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I have one bank that happily orders me six a week. Before the pandemic, I had another order five and another order 4. I was swimming in halves:laughing7:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread