Hallmark help, please someone, anyone.....

ButtonUrLipsTN

Greenie
Dec 24, 2021
TN
hallmark.jpg
hallmark.jpg thrift store find.....anyone recognize this hallmark? I have not been able to identify it, its driving me crazy! lol

Upvote 9

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The hallmark seems to be a 4-leaf clover inside a horseshoe.
From my searches, the general consensus seems to be that it is the hallmark of Parks Bros. & Rogers Providence, Rhode Island (1892-1930) but, no one seems to know for sure. A few people over the years have had the same question as you, & responses have been kind of "iffy".
Here's a few links to check out to begin your search. Maybe someone here, or you yourself can come to some sort of definitive conclusion. It seems that Park Bros. & Rogers made many different styles of cuff links, & collar studs etc. Good luck !!

Cuff link with clover leaf inside horseshoe hallmark:
(notice that the in image below the horseshoe is facing up with the clover stem on top. Facing up is for good luck)

Attachments

• Clover-leaf inside Horseshoe hallmark on cufflink.jpeg
    Clover-leaf inside Horseshoe hallmark on cufflink.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is one of the trademarks used by Parks Bros. and Rogers Inc. of Providence, RI. Below are the marks they were using at the time of the 1922 edition of the annual ‘Jeweler’s Index’ produced by Keystone Publishing.

Parks Bros.jpg

Although the company dates are generally given as c.1892 – c.1930 (and possibly as late as 1934), I believe that particular mark may not have seen use until c.1915. Although it’s sometimes accompanied by the word ‘Trademark’, they don’t appear to have formally registered it as such, so dates are a bit uncertain.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is one of the trademarks used by Parks Bros. and Rogers Inc. of Providence, RI. Below are the marks they were using at the time of the 1922 edition of the annual ‘Jeweler’s Index’ produced by Keystone Publishing.

View attachment 2003345

Although the company dates are generally given as c.1892 – c.1930 (and possibly as late as 1934), I believe that particular mark may not have seen use until c.1915. Although it’s sometimes accompanied by the word ‘Trademark’, they don’t appear to have formally registered it as such, so dates are a bit uncertain.
Great information. I don't have these types of reference books & before I read your answer my assessment fitted your attribution in that;
It's NOT a Hallmark, as it looked silver plated. (Company Registered Trademark makes sense)
It's construction & style/appearance looked early 20th C.
Mother of Pearl inserts.

Mark as solved.:4leafclover:

OP
OP
ButtonUrLipsTN

ButtonUrLipsTN

Greenie
Dec 24, 2021
TN
The hallmark seems to be a 4-leaf clover inside a horseshoe.
From my searches, the general consensus seems to be that it is the hallmark of Parks Bros. & Rogers Providence, Rhode Island (1892-1930) but, no one seems to know for sure. A few people over the years have had the same question as you, & responses have been kind of "iffy".
Here's a few links to check out to begin your search. Maybe someone here, or you yourself can come to some sort of definitive conclusion. It seems that Park Bros. & Rogers made many different styles of cuff links, & collar studs etc. Good luck !!

Cuff link with clover leaf inside horseshoe hallmark:
(notice that the in image below the horseshoe is facing up with the clover stem on top. Facing up is for good luck)
A thousand times apologize for the late thank you!!!! Completely didnt see your response until right now? So...thank you!!!

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
^ Don't worry about it. No apology necessary. We are all in the same boat here. Everyone contributes to try to get to the bottom of our questions & try to pinpoint the exact answer, which many times can be illusive. I enjoy searching for answers & learning new things as I go along. Everyone has a different knowledge to share & different levels of expertise, but we all have 2 things in common.....this website & all the aspects of Treasure Hunting !! Cheers & Happy Hunting !!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions