Hank Sheffer, The old storyteller.

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning all: I have the sad news to inform you of the passing of Hank Sheffer, The old Storyteller. He lived in Apache Junction and I just heard of his passing this morning. He wrote a number of books, Cassette Tape Recordings, newspaper articles and lectured on the Old West and the Lost Mines in the Superstitions Mountains. He loved the Superstition Mountain Museum and spent many hours at the museum. He will be missed by many. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning all: I have the sad news to inform you of the passing of Hank Sheffer, The old Storyteller. He lived in Apache Junction and I just heard of his passing this morning. He wrote a number of books, Cassette Tape Recordings, newspaper articles and lectured on the Old West and the Lost Mines in the Superstitions Mountains. He loved the Superstition Mountain Museum and spent many hours at the museum. He will be missed by many. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Sorry to hear that - I've read some of his books and articles, but never had the chance to meet him.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear of his passing .

Wyatt_DH

Greenie
Oct 3, 2022
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He was undoubtedly the best storyteller on mysteries. I feel bad for Larry Hedrick, not sure what he'll even do with the show anymore now that Charlie Lesuer is gone as well. God bless the Sheffers hope they're doing okay. Couldn't be easy losing someone with a personality like that, I imagine he was lots of fun around home.

Gary M Herndon

Dec 22, 2022
Greetings Mr Gregory, Sad news indeed, I was talking with Mr Hank up until just before he died. Shared some images with him and he wanted me to come out to AZ just like Mr Larry Hedrick wanted me to. I just wish I didn't have so many legal issues with family or I would have been there. Mr Hank will be one of the people I miss the most!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions