Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I can‘t complain too much, I’m not digging all targets and found a true copper penny 🤠 A lot for the reason for all the clad is the area I live and detect. The entire area is with in 25 years old.

A lot of the targets are deeper as well. While I can dig a plug in the park it‘s a far cry from digging an 8” hole to retrieve a target. Discrimination also tends to become less reliable the further the coil is away from the target. I’m cautious not to wear out my welcome in these parks and dig too deep for something I have less of an idea of what it is.

I have the sensitivity on the Deus ll lowered to 80 and cherry picking targets. I’m still pulling targets 6” accurately and easily even with the reduced sensitivity.

Living with the consistent clad for now, the rest will come... 🤔👍

B052F16F-B364-4ABC-86EB-74693327FD85.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 12
OP
OP
goldhat

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're doing great and good for you to not abuse the digging. Soon you will be rewarded!

Well, next time out I wont be cherry picking for coins. I will loosen up the controls some 😆. If it’s at a shallow to medium depth I’m digging it. The focus won’t be on coins so much. I will start focusing more on what might be jewelry, rings etc. I anticipate a lot more junk but might start hitting on something other than just coins alone.

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I can‘t complain too much, I’m not digging all targets and found a true copper penny 🤠 A lot for the reason for all the clad is the area I live and detect. The entire area is with in 25 years old.

A lot of the targets are deeper as well. While I can dig a plug in the park it‘s a far cry from digging an 8” hole to retrieve a target. Discrimination also tends to become less reliable the further the coil is away from the target. I’m cautious not to wear out my welcome in these parks and dig too deep for something I have less of an idea of what it is.

I have the sensitivity on the Deus ll lowered to 80 and cherry picking targets. I’m still pulling targets 6” accurately and easily even with the reduced sensitivity.

View attachment 2035645
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2035645
wtg and keep the faith, HH

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2035645
Dig holes with money at different depths with a tape measure and go by what they come at on your detector and write them down on paper to take with you on hunts, it could help with your hunts. It did with mine when i started.

OP
OP
goldhat

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig holes with money at different depths with a tape measure and go by what they come at on your detector and write them down on paper to take with you on hunts, it could help with your hunts. It did with mine when i started.

Great advise 👍👍👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread