minelab ctx3030 , minelab sovereign gt.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 2

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just pack it in with your clothes. I gave up the separate bag for my detecting gear back 15+ years ago when the airlines were going to charge $75.00 each way to Cancun and back. With the $150 saved I bought a SS Scoop with a two-piece handle that would fit into my one suitcase. Everything I needed for 10 days fit into the one suitcase, one carry-on bag and backpack.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does anyone have any idea where to purchase a hard travel case for the equinox 800 as i am travelling by air to india to go beach detecting. any suggestions would be most grateful.
Just a suggestion.When someone goes to the trouble to answer your question,to even include pictures of an item you might like,it,s considered courteous and polite to at least leave a like on that person,s post.It would be nice to acknowledge with a brief thank you,but a like will suffice.Bad manners you see to just pop in and read a post and ignore the effort and care the poster went to,to find it for you!

Reactions: ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a suggestion.When someone goes to the trouble to answer your question,to even include pictures of an item you might like,it,s considered courteous and polite to at least leave a like on that person,s post.It would be nice to acknowledge with a brief thank you,but a like will suffice.Bad manners you see to just pop in and read a post and ignore the effort and care the poster went to,to find it for you!
Agreed.

mcsteve

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2018
Elora, ON
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a hard shell case that I picked up at Harbor Freight (Apache Large Case). I saw this in a thread on another forum a couple of years ago and picked it up when it was on promo for about $100, which it is usually a couple of times a year. It has the foam inside that you remove to fit whatever you’re putting in so that it fits perfect. I have my detector, pinpointer, small shovel, headphones, extra batteries, and an assortment of soft pouches inside. It also has wheels on one end to help roll it along.

I mostly picked it up so I can keep the detector safe from rolling around in the back of my truck so I can keep it there most of the season but it has been great to travel with as well. I also put a sticker on it that says “electronic equipment inside” to indicate it was not a weapon [edit: and TSA locks] but they have been cut off by inspectors both times I flew with it. Go figure.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread