Harris County,TX precinct 4 detecting ban petition

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Here is a link for the LA neighbors of Texas to sign and comment.
Our county officials in Harris County now have banned all county parks from the use of metal detectors. It is against the law to use or have found in your possession a metal detector in Harris County parks.
Please help us try and get this reversed. You don't have to contribute any money to sign. It might randomly go to a 2nd page.. if it does..just back out using the back arrow in your browser.

Help us please !!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lbhcp4/index.html

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I will gladly help. I cant help but wonder, what brought on the circumstances?? Crazy! :tongue3:

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Signed. But like my brother, I'm wondering what the initial point was in passing this law..... Ya'll Texas detectorists doing something weird?

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like someone in politics had a run in with someones they didn't like or someone was getting a divorce. You can bet there's a story behind this one.

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
ZenAgain said:
Signed. But like my brother, I'm wondering what the initial point was in passing this law..... Ya'll Texas detectorists doing something weird?

The initial point was to re-open parks in the Precinct 4 parks that had, for many years let detectorists use parks.

About 4 years ago a THC (Texas Historical Commission) employee "saw someone digging trinkets" in a park, and got with the county and the county revised the rules in one of the precincts, based on they were afraid of getting in trouble with THC.
( This from reply from the county Commissioner, AND also the park supervisor on why the ban in the 1st place)

This Feb. some local MD'ers got together and got a petition up trying to get the precinct 4 parks re-open to detecting.
Guess the precinct 4 commissioner didn't like getting singled out, with the press in on it (a small editorial in a weekly newspaper and also an online blog on another paper website, and also a link to the petition on 7 detecting forums) and got the other precincts to ban detecting also.

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Man, that's a mess. Hope you guys can get ya'll permissions back. I myself don't bother much with parks but we have a huge one here in my town and if I were to find some decent research saying that there's old stuff in it, I'd definitely be angry if I couldn't pound it. There will always be petty bureaucrats trying to take something away from the "little" man. Bleh :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread