Has anybody every tried a kneeseat?

Hbot37

Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw this online and thought it was interesting. Not sure how cumbersome it would be to walk around with all day, but it looks like it could save me a bit of grunting every time I stand up. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever used one?

csm_1-productimages_242_p_KneeSEAT_1500px_2016fe5803.jpg
csm_4-actionimages_242_1_KneeSEAT_1920px_ecd14eb838.jpg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting ... I can see it being useful in an open field, but as a woods hunter, I can see me busting my arse when a limb got stuck in it. I wonder, too, how much all that frame would confuse the detector.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting ... I can see it being useful in an open field, but as a woods hunter, I can see me busting my arse when a limb got stuck in it. I wonder, too, how much all that frame would confuse the detector.
I don't think it would confuse mine. I keep mine well extended so it does not find my feet. The only problem I see is if it is like knee pads, it will slip enough that I will trip on it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm with you on busting one's arse wearing such a contraption.
Even in the fields it would be dirt/mud catcher.
20201205_133404.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's a video of some guy flopping down, walking a few steps, yet it's flopping around on the leg, even scraping on the floor.
Let's just put this on, go detecting for hours on end, a weight of nearly 4lbs on one leg or 2 @ 8 lbs extra lugging around.
Add mud, heat, cutting off the circulation (that's why it has to be floppy)
The seat idea seems like it might be comfy (strain on toe and ankle)
It states for long periods of time.
I've always flopped down on the knee, done this for 50+ yrs now.
The only time I spend more than a bit of time is to photograph a keeper, or hand dig out a target.
Besides that it's a down retrieve, get up.

Then again it might work in getting a permission, folks would see the leg brace, and their thought
"Oh poor handicapped feller just wants to get out and do a little bit of the hobby"

OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a video of some guy flopping down, walking a few steps, yet it's flopping around on the leg, even scraping on the floor.
Let's just put this on, go detecting for hours on end, a weight of nearly 4lbs on one leg or 2 @ 8 lbs extra lugging around.
The only time I spend more than a bit of time is to photograph a keeper, or hand dig out a target.

Then again it might work in getting a permission, folks would see the leg brace, and their thought
"Oh poor handicapped feller just wants to get out and do a little bit of the hobby"

Nice job finding that video. Yeah that makes it looks pretty ungainly, probably wouldn't work too well in the field for us.

Kormak

Greenie
Jan 5, 2023

P.S I can see it being useful at some shooting ranges(specifically recreators, since they sometimes practice shooting from standing on one knee(saw a fella with something similar at the range today shooting M4 Carabine)

Yep, weight kinda kills the whole idea of wearing it for extended periods of time imo. Maybe if they made it a tad bit more lightweight...

Last edited:

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Very Interesting. I agree it would be cumbersome in the field but could be useful for a person working in house as shown in the video. I doubt I could handle it in the field.

Someone is doing some considerable pondering.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread