Has anyone compared the original Deus to the nookta legend?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was curious if anyone who has the original deus and compared signals with the legend?

Would like to know the outcome.
I do not currently have a Deus 1... i do have a Deus 2 and the ORX, my son uses the Legend exclusively. I have used the Deus 1 and it is very similar to the ORX with much more adjustable features. My "opinion" is that the Deus 1 will out perform the Legend in heavy iron trash as i believe the ORX with HF coil will. However, the target ID on both the Deus 1 and the ORX plainly SUCKS! Anything past the 4 or so inch mark in my ground and target ID is sketchy at best. The Legend has much better TID at depth....but still lacks the amazing target ID at depth of the Deus 2. Again this is just my opinion and based on my personal experiences in my area....

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have heard you have pretty rough ground conditions in VA.

Another friend told me something very similar with your comparison.

I have a deus 1 and 2 and have had an orx.

I am selling my original deus possibly.......was thinking of trying out the legend.....but from all of my questions to friends who have a deus and legend.....they have said exactly what you said.

Maybe I will just hold onto it and buy an hf coil for my Deus.

Was really hoping the deus 2 lite would have been available by now.

That is what I wanted originally to go along with my deus 2 set up

The target ID here in my mild soil holds pretty good on my deus and orx.....but the deus 2 really does great.

Even in the fast program...it is deeper than the original deus fast
Thanks for your input.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so there is no confusion about my previous ramblings... If I were to only own one detector it would surely be the Deus 2....my second choice would be a tie between the Legend and Equinox 800.... Both of these are "all around" better machines than the Deus 1 and ORX. Legend is an amazing detector when it's price is considered.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so there is no confusion about my previous ramblings... If I were to only own one detector it would surely be the Deus 2....my second choice would be a tie between the Legend and Equinox 800.... Both of these are "all around" better machines than the Deus 1 and ORX. Legend is an amazing detector when it's price is considered.
In your soil incam see you saying that.

I have had a couple of eq600 units.

I cannot say they "out did" my deus 1 or even my orx.

I have been kind of wanting to try that legend.

I do like nokta makro for sure.

I wish the platform they used for their multi smf unit would have been based on the anfibio and kruzer style control system along with the 0-99 tid numbers.

I messaged nokta about making an update for a 0-99 readout and their answer was probably not.

Anyways......I appreciate your input very much

Am actually parting out my original deus.

Not sure which direction I am going to go......hoping for a deus 2 lite release.

I do like the deus 2.....so far so good.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar dilemma as in which one is really better and which one to let go. I still own and enjoy all three Deus 2, Equinox and Legend. They are very similar in many ways but each has one or two specific aspects that separate them from the other two.

I don't miss my Deus 1/ORX when it comes to general detecting, detecting in high mineralization whether it's iron or salt and especially their poor target IDs on even medium depth coin sized targets where I detect. I do seriously miss their excellent gold prospecting modes which currently blow Deus 2's Goldfield mode completely away for sensitivity and even for ground handling.

If I had to pick between Deus 1 and Legend.......I wouldn't be able to do that. I would keep both unless I could buy a Deus 2 especially the Lite version in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread