Has anyone dug a brass beer tap badge?? Ses glassed marble, early 1900s beer out of ocean. 30s Poth brewing tap badge.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been a slow two weeks. Many places not panning out. Few sites gave up a good find or two. No honey hole site yet.

Marble was found exactly as pictured in that clam shell. It and the Finks Brewing Company bottle came out of one of my ocean spots. Based on research Finks used this particular name starting in 1909. Bottle is definitely not automatic bottle machine made because the seam stops well before lip and it has a lot of bubbles. Little baby bottle is actually a baby bottle for a doll from the 1940s.

Weird lead weight came out of an old creek. Looks pretty odd to just be a fishing weight. Why have a hole thought the bottom and out the side?? It's nothing like the old hand made fishing weights I've dug before.

The aluminum charm is a pope Pius x. It came out of the same iron patch as the poths brewing company badge. My detecting friend identified it as a beer tap badge. Poth brewing company was in Philadelphia starting in 1870 and underwent many name variations over the years. It closed during prohibition but reopened in 1933 as Poth Brewing Co. This badge dates from 1933 to 1936 when they closed for good. They seem to be pretty uncommon. One of their marketing slogans was "a beer without a peer"

Attachments

• 20220318_115926.jpg
    20220318_115926.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
  • 20220318_115906.jpg
    20220318_115906.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • 20220228_120429.jpg
    20220228_120429.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
Upvote 9

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a slow two weeks. Many places not panning out. Few sites gave up a good find or two. No honey hole site yet.

Marble was found exactly as pictured in that clam shell. It and the Finks Brewing Company bottle came out of one of my ocean spots. Based on research Finks used this particular name starting in 1909. Bottle is definitely not automatic bottle machine made because the seam stops well before lip and it has a lot of bubbles. Little baby bottle is actually a baby bottle for a doll from the 1940s.

Weird lead weight came out of an old creek. Looks pretty odd to just be a fishing weight. Why have a hole thought the bottom and out the side?? It's nothing like the old hand made fishing weights I've dug before.

The aluminum charm is a pope Pius x. It came out of the same iron patch as the poths brewing company badge. My detecting friend identified it as a beer tap badge. Poth brewing company was in Philadelphia starting in 1870 and underwent many name variations over the years. It closed during prohibition but reopened in 1933 as Poth Brewing Co. This badge dates from 1933 to 1936 when they closed for good. They seem to be pretty uncommon. One of their marketing slogans was "a beer without a peer"
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice recoveries still and different.
Liking the marble shot.
Thank you. That's not even staged either it's exactly where the ocean left it before I picked it up.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

interesting variety of finds, looks like fun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread