pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have listened to programs regarding the online shopping/addiction.
Seems like a movement trying to reset the mindset of folks just buying things.

Second guess the need.
Cancel
Send it back

$$$ is getting tighter for many with the costs of living over this past year or so.
Then again it depends on what a person is selling also.

Bought an enamel top table from an online auction, picked it up yesterday.
Chatting with the gents they commented they did $100K on eBay, the folks that did the selling made $30K commission for all the work.
They don't even sell $5K now-bottom dropped out-too much red tape-the premium in shipping costs have folks going else where.
When I see the cost of shipping 2oz of goods being $38.95 I just :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Now the tag line $ XXX for shipping, or best offer
So I have to dick around bartering the shipping rates.
Nope-find another friendly site to look at.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one of the reasons I stopped dealing on ebay. They allow buyers to simply do as they please anymore. It's like they placed a winning bid just so they then can have the option on deciding if or if-not they want buy whatever it is. 🤔 Until they again allow sellers to rate the conduct of buyers I don't think I'll ever sell on ebay again.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently had to request a cancelation because I was attempting to contact seller about a counter offer he made me that was higher than his BIN price.....and my tablet has a tendency to have the screen shift after each task, and upon tapping at the contact prompt the shift made my finger hit the accept offer tab......my wife says I need to just slow it down, the seller allowed me to bail out. I am now pausing between finger taps lol

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently had to request a cancelation because I was attempting to contact seller about a counter offer he made me that was higher than his BIN price.....and my tablet has a tendency to have the screen shift after each task, and upon tapping at the contact prompt the shift made my finger hit the accept offer tab......my wife says I need to just slow it down, the seller allowed me to bail out. I am now pausing between finger taps lol
I mean things do happen sometimes, but my latest one said he placed the order by mistake and he sent an offer, then accepted my counteroffer, then paid...that's not a mistake, too many clicks there

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fits into my "The fat finger is faster than the brain" category. Happens over here all the time.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had several cancel in the past 6 months. I also pretty much stopped selling as sales went from $600 a month to less than $50 a month, so after shipping and Ebay's fees and cancellations, it is not worth the trouble

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread