Has anyone else heard about this?

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
There are hundreds of stories of buried caches in that area of Nevada. The only way to determine which may or may not be based on verifiable facts is to research. Most stories may, by the time they get to someone capable of doing research, have had “facts” changed or embellished to the point that nothing is verifiable. This is the way of things. Each storyteller wants to make the story their own.

Take those stories that sound like they may be based on facts. Do your best to verify information. While doing this research, please keep in mind that neither opinion nor conjecture are facts, and that truth is subjective, not objective.

While I am not a professional researcher, I have learned that when one does research a dispassionate attitude must prevail. I know several people who believe one story or another to the point that they toss aside evidence that may prove their quest to be nothing more than an expensive snipe hunt. I include myself on that list.

Follow the facts. Have fun.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the caches are there I'll be the one who finds them.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Have you ever seen any of their recovered caches?
Otherwise it reminds me of Thomas Penfield stories.
Have you read the story of a train going into Lake Tahoe at Glenbrook (with a Wells Fargo payroll, of course)?
Don...

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was shown a few coins that were supposed to be a part of a cache, but that's it.

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living in Nevada I noticed everyone knows someone ne who knows someone who found a cache. Found two gold coins so far but no cache lol.

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever seen any of their recovered caches?
Otherwise it reminds me of Thomas Penfield stories.
Have you read the story of a train going into Lake Tahoe at Glenbrook (with a Wells Fargo payroll, of course)?
Don...

Cache of gold teeth buried along the river in Reno supposably where there was an old dentists office back in the day was the craziest one I've heard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread